1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD SANTA

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by mbrownab, Jan 14, 2005.

1. mbrownab

mbrownab Guest

Hello, I have a question about DVDSANTA. I use this program to convert .AVI files (movies) to DVD.
    Why the heck does it take SOOOOOO long. Probably like over an hour, then I use Nero after that, to burn the files to DVD. Anybody know a faster way to convert AVI to a playable DVD?? Thank you in advance!!

2. Crusty1

Crusty1 Member

Not really. I have a pretty good puter and it takes me about 2 hours to encode a movie I am just using the trial now as I want to make sure the prog worked and the only one I have done so far is great. Not sure whether or not to buy yet though as I am out of work for medical reasons.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2005
  3. Crusty1

Crusty1 Member

depends on the size of the file. I have only used the trial version on one file and took about 2 hours. Not sure whether or not to buy as not working right now for medical reasons and am hoping I can find someone who would allow me to use theirs.

Well good luck to you

4. hardcandy

hardcandy Guest

I think it also depends on your cpu as well. Maybe if you could get a duel AMD-64 or Xeon you might get it done in 30 minutes but for us average computer users with one CPU it will take a while to process all that data.

5. keith.uk

keith.uk Member

ok i have full ver but i have a prob got picture but
    no sound why can anyone help please