1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dvd screen indicate 'vcd' but nothing plays. Am I on the right way to play downloaded movie on my dvd player??

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by rotifer, Jan 11, 2004.

1. rotifer

rotifer Guest

dvd player: Toshiba SD-1950SC
    I do not have a dvd burner

Here are the software used in the process;

1st try: NeroVision Express

2nd try: encoding with TMPGEnc + burn with Nero...

Both time ,when I played it in my dvd-player it turn in a black screen on my tv, altough the screen on my dvd player indicate (vcd)...
    I've check the player list compatibility but mine is not listed.

My question:
    Is there something wrong with the way I burns my cdr?

Is my player not able to play vcd although 'vcd' appears on the little screen.

Or both of'em??

I need help on this one, I begin with this. whoever talks french, be free to write so.

Thanks, Chris

2. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

1. Make sure you burn NTSC/PAL as appropriate
    2. The fact that the player is not listed as compatible is a big indicator
    3. Burning slower may help you (it probably wont in this specific case but generally it does)
    4. NeroVision Express is pooey and unstable :)
    5. In a lot of cases where discs are not compatible, it will still have the label VCD on the display and not play jack
    6. Try changing media brands and if you are using RW discs, switch to R discs

3. rotifer

rotifer Guest

Thanx Preator, your answer is really appreciated.

Next thing I do when I woke-up is to burn the shit slower(I'll probably waste another cd but I'll be sure) ... I'll also try to burn the thing slower.

Also, wich software will do the job (in general) better than Nero and what is media brands?
    Thanks for getting over my shitty english and answering my request.
    ''I use R discs

Chris.

4. Minion

Minion Senior member

You should also Check the Mpeg files and make sure that there is a Picture in the File before burning it to CD-R....