1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd screen problems

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by joshminer, Apr 15, 2005.

1. joshminer

joshminer Guest

i have a sony dru-710a that takes around 7hrs to burn an hour and 30 minute movie. which there is absolutely no solution or explanation for... my specs are good 512 ram/2.8gh-p4/80gb HD. my dvds just the other day started taking 7 to around 10 hours to burn. for reasons i dont know maybe someone could help me with. the media is fine and the files are AVI files which i know takes longer but 10 hours is rediculous. and now the past 3 movies i burnt the screen jumps up and down when i play the movie. the media plays fine on my computer.
    Can someone please help me with my LONG!!! burning times and also my screen shaking up and down problem?

2. joshminer

joshminer Guest

by the way my software is nero and my cd's are memorex 8x 120min 4.7gb cd-r

3. Noqoilpi

Noqoilpi Regular member

Last edited: Apr 15, 2005
  4. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

I hope you meant dvd-r.

Memorex is famous for using some poor quality manufacturers.Using poor media can cause burn error which result in your windows to revert the IDE controllers to PIO mode.Somewhere around 5 or 6 errors in a row.
    Use bbmayo's quide to reset you IDE controllers to DMA or UDMA mode. That should speed up the burn time.I hope you have XP.

Now on the playback issues.Some stand alone players will have trouble reading dvd-r/-rw/+r/+rw. The poorer media is the usual culprit along with too fast burn. Since I believe you are using memorex 8x-r,you should slow down the burn speed as low as you can go.Some of this new 8x media will burn at 12x and 16x on certain burners,so don't leave your burn speed set at max.Since it sounds like your pc can play it's own backups,that stand alone player is telling you there is something wrong with that backup.At least it is trying to play it. It should be an easy fix.

Good luck