1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd shink taking a long time now...

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by acousty, Apr 9, 2007.

1. acousty

acousty Regular member

I have a pioneer DL burner from 2 years ago. For some reason it takes a long time to encode dvds now. It used to encode and back up a dvd in 30 minutes. Now it takes around 3-4 hours to encode it. DVD shrink will show the preview screen of the dvd I am backing up and it will encode a few frames and then pause at a frame for 1 minute or more and this will continue until the whole movie is done 3 hours later. Do you know what could be causing this? Maybe a firmware updaten on the dvd burner is needed?

2. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

3. acousty

acousty Regular member

It didn't. Its still in DMA mode.

4. creaky

i know what it might be; you might have done my usual trick, i often forget to turn off the quality enhancements in DVD Shrink. The other day i sat there like an idiot scratching my head 'til i remembered to check the tickboxes..

Last edited: Apr 9, 2007
  5. acousty

acousty Regular member

I never remember turbning them off. Maybe when I updated to a new version they were automatically put on or something. Are they in settings?

6. creaky

7. acousty

acousty Regular member

I will check it out and see if they are turned on. Wouldn't the deep analysis only effect the analysing part and not the actual encoding process. I might have the other option (high quality compression thing) checked as well. I will check it tonight. Thanks for the help.

8. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Maybe It's time Shrink got some help. On the outside chance that the DMA-PIO situation isn't just right and Shrink may need some help with copy protection, I'd suggest DVD Region + CSS Free from DVDIdle, http://www.dvdidle.com . Install the trial and open the program, a program Icon appears on the taskbar. Note the arrow at bottom right of the capture below. Right click the icon and select Enable DMA, if all is okay the window will appear as in the capture and it says DMA is enabled now! If not go ahead and enable DMA. Leave the box checked for Check DMA at startup, click OK and close the box. Leave Region Free on and open Shrink and run as you normally would. Does that help?

Region Free has a long list of supported DVD programs and DVD Shrink is on the list. If curious you can check out the list in Settings.

[​IMG]