1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Shrink 3.1.7.6. ERROR MSG

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by aqdas, Jun 11, 2004.

1. aqdas

aqdas Member

HI,
    I have recently installed dvd shrink. but i have a problem. I have ripped a dvd to my harddisk with smart ripper. But when I choose Open Files and the folder where all the VOB files are located I recieve an error msg saying:

"DVD Shrink encountered an error and cannot continue.
    Failed to open file ...VIDEO_TS.IFO
    System couldnt find the specified file"

what should I do?

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

I'd suggest re-ripping the disc with DVD Decrypter or just let Shrink rip it, then go from there :)

3. whassup

whassup Regular member

Sounds like you just selected the VOB's. Your error message says there's no .ifo file.

I use SmartRipper all the time without any probs. When ripping, if you're not sure what you're doing, select the "backup" icon. It'll rip the entire DVD and you can select what you want or don't want when running Shrink.

4. aqdas

aqdas Member

but I have the .ifo file. vts_01_0.ifo this one.

5. kenetic

kenetic Member

i had the same problem not long ago, load smart ripper on the left is the rip method click files and tick all the filename boxes, then back up as normal, hope this works for you

6. aqdas

aqdas Member

I dont have DVD movie. Is there any other software which I can use to shrink? except from dvd shrink and dvd decrypter?

7. chauey

chauey Guest

8. Nephilim

Last edited: Jun 21, 2004
  9. six.6.six

six.6.six Regular member

Wow they still sell Squeeze LOL i wonder how much freeware has been added to it now!

10. chauey

chauey Guest

Hey I'm having of burning reading some DVDs & I believe that have a few scratches therefore DVD Shrink can not anlaysis it. Is there any software that can read scratches DVD so that I can back them up.

Many thanks :)

11. Nephilim

There isn't a whole lot that software can do to compensate for the laser not being able to read through a scratch since the drive needs to be able to read the disc in order to give the software something to work on.

I've a buddy who used one of those motorized thingamajigs that buffs the scratches out of a disc and it seemed to work reasonably well on all but the deepest scratches.

12. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

I bought and used a disc repair utility by Digital Inovations that successfully repaired one of the most seriously scratched DVDs I'd seen. Fortunately there were no gouges that damaged the data on the disc. I still use it, it's the hand cranked version although they now have motroized one that does the same job. Because of it I buy damaged and scratched DVDs (while checking for gouges) and then back them up.

http://www.digitalinnovations.com/skipdr/index.html

This is their web site but if you surf the net they can be had for a very low price.

13. Doc409

Doc409 Active member

Yeah...I also found the hand-cranked GameDR by DI to be able to repair scratched discs. While they say to use distilled water, I found that a little liquid dishsoap added to the water helped a lot to keep the disc surface wet and to aide in polishing out the scratches.

I also found that spray-on furniture polish...like Pledge...helped a lot.