1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Shrink 3.1 Freezes Up Help!!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by porkrind, Nov 23, 2004.

1. porkrind

porkrind Member

I am running windows xp home edition with sp2, AMD Athlon processor 1.05 ghz, 767 mb sdram, radeon 8500 video card, and a brand spanking new Plextor PX-712a dvd burner (My NEC 2500-a crapped out). I am also running Nortons Internet Security 2004. Here is the problem. While using DVD Shrink everything works fine until it calls for the blank dvd to burn to. Once the burn process starts everything freezes up. I mean I have to literally hit the reset button to even reboot. It literally locks up the whole computer. You can't even eject the media from the burner. Can anyone tell me what the problem is and how to fix it? I was having I/O errors with my NEC burner and it finally crapped out on me and now I spent the extra bucks for a really good burner and I'm still having problems. As you can imagine I'm about to pull my hair out here. Thanks in advance for any advice.

2. porkrind

porkrind Member

I forgot to add that I just put in a Seagate 200gb hard drive (which is sweet by the way).

3. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

What program are you using to burn with?

bbmayo

4. porkrind

porkrind Member

Nero6. I figured it out finally after reading up on some of the other threads (duh!). All I had to do was change the burn speed from Max to 4x and it burned just fine. Wonder what was causing that though? Weird. Oh well maybe some other newbie will read this and not have to waste everyone's time (like I did). Sorry to clutter up the threads. Instead of panicking all I had to do was take the time to research the other threads. Thanks!

5. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

It's no problem but the burn speed shouldn't make a difference for what you problem was. Sure burning at lower speed will increase the quality of your DVD but that wouldnt be the reason your burner locks up and quits working. More than likely the problem is the blank DVD media you are using. What brand are you using by the way?

bbmayo

PS I have that NEC burner along with the 3500A and I love it never failed yet (over 500 movies backed up on it)

6. kchev

kchev Regular member

i also agree that it is crappy media