1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DvD Shrink 3.1

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by six.6.six, Jan 12, 2004.

1. six.6.six

six.6.six Regular member

Sup guys! Has anyone tried to open Power DvD 5.0 and watch the files just ripped to your drive by DvD Shrink? It looks like i ripped still pictures,(yes i reinstalled it) But if i open Windows Media Player, smooth video! All of my burns play perfect, not one coaster... Burner + Netflick account = 46 DvD+r burns and counting lol!!!
    Just wondering, Later!!!!

Last edited: Jan 12, 2004
  2. six.6.six

six.6.six Regular member

Never mind boys the new update 3.1.2 fixes the problem and all is well in my little world!

3. vietorisz

vietorisz Member

Yeah, those fixes are really welcome. I got so pissed off with that stupid forced analysing. And there should be another thing fixed: Shut down system should be an end option and since things have become more complicated a real comprehensive attached guide would be welcome. Especially with re-authoring, cause with every upgrade thats changed. Oh, and dear afterdawn, finally DVD Shrink gets your fifth star. :)

4. jonss

jonss Guest

Enjoy this version of DVD Shrink because Mr. Shrink has just announced he's canned further development. He says he'll be doing bugfixes etc. but no additional features. It's a damn shame. It's excellent software.

5. Discmania

Discmania Active member

This latest version (3.1.2) is great and I especially like the automatic burn integration with nero. By the way you can check the box in the burning options to shut down your PC after backing up (i.e. after burning). However this may not apply if you have Nero 6 (I still use Nero 5.5), but check if this option is there for you after clicking on 'backup'. Don't forget also to check your settings in 'preferences' before doing anything. As far as further upgrades are concerned what more do you want? This version virtually replaces DVDXCopy Xpress or similar because it now does everything and more that those programmes do and it's still completely free. Mr Shrink deserves a very welcome break.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2004
  6. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Hi Discmania,
    Does your Shrink 3.2.1 auto-burn feature work with Nero 5.5?
    I read something saying that 3.2.1 had not been tested with anything other than Nero 6.
    I answered a post by defline who has a problem with the same combo you have- unable to use the auto-burn. What Version of 5.5 do you have? Maybe different versions of 5.5 are more compatible than others.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]motorcycle racer
    computer newbie
    Sony VAIO
    Suzuki GSXR1000[/small]

Last edited: Jan 13, 2004
  7. Discmania

Discmania Active member

Yes it works fine with Shrink 3.1.2 - I have Nero 5.5.10.54 which is the latest update.