1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd shrink 3.1

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by nasher, Jan 16, 2004.

1. nasher

nasher Member

this programe is gr8 but ive just tryed 2 back up 8mile and it stats jumping half way through is there a way 2 stop this?can i compress it more would that make any difference?or would doing things on the computer such as playing music affect this?
    plz help cos i thort i had it mastered and just got 50 blank discs but now i cant do it!
    cheers owen

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Hi Owen,
    You can try running Shrink 3.1 in "low priority mode", Select edit> preferences> check the box for "Run analysis and back-up in low priority mode to improve multi-tasking". Its going to slow the process down using this. The best thing to do is leave the computer alone while its working.
    I think your problem may be media related, what kind of blank discs are you using? Does the burned disc play in your computer?
    While you are at it, check your movie DVD for dirt and scratches.
    Applying more compression won't help.

Just some thoughts,
    Frank

3. six.6.six

six.6.six Regular member

When im working with a dvd i leave that tower alone and just let it work, on my p4 1.4 tower i just checked it 90-98% cpu usage not much room to roam you know