1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd shrink 3.1

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by ixtreme, Jan 25, 2004.

1. ixtreme

ixtreme Member

Hi everyone
    This is the first time i have been on this forum so i am a virgin so pleaser please be very gentle with me..
    I have dvd decryter, dvd shrink 3.1 and also auto shrink iso 3.1 I have read the guides for copying dvd 9 movies my question is i cannot find the compression levels on my dvd shrink as it shows in the guides. I have the green and red line, audio etc i have copied movies with this both lord of the rings which are both perfect copies but have noticed latley that that i am missing the last minute or so. Is there a different setting i should be using.
    Kind Regards
    Eldon

2. Ketale

Ketale Regular member

Hi Eldon,

The compression level selections were in the older version of DVD Shrink, the new one lets you select the compression ration in percents of the original size.
    Here's a guide for the new DVD Shrink

http://dvdshrink.info/fulldisk_basic.php

I don't know about that "auto shrink iso", but at least my DVD Shrink has never cut off the ending of any movie. Check that the target folder size is less than 4,464MB, else it will not fit the DVDR. You might also want to check the settings on your burning program, update your burners firmware etc.

Your problem might also be media related (meaning poor quality DVDRs), since oftentimes some players have difficulties reading the outer edge of the disc, which is the end of the movie (or extras in some cases). If this the case, you could try other media, or you could set the target folder size down to maybe 4GB or so, leaving the edges of the DVD blank.

Hope this helps.

3. ixtreme

ixtreme Member

Hi Ketale
    Thank you for your advice and the link to the dvd shrink guide, i thought i was going mad when i could not find the other compression levels.The size of the folder was in the green i think it was roughly that size but will use the one you suggest in future. I use Datasafe Ritek 1x-4x 4.7 GB DVD-R disc's.I have a new external freecom classic dvd writer ( xmas present )which writes at 2x like i said i have copied other movies before and my PS2 games without any problem. I will see if i can copy another dvd with your 4,464 MB and see what happens. Once again thank you.
    Kind Regards
    Eldon

4. Ketale

Ketale Regular member

Hi Eldon,
    glad I could be of help.
    The 4,464MB is the default setting in DVD Shrink, so unless you have changed that, you might have already used it. Your Riteks should be pretty ok media, so if the problem continues, you should check your burning procedure. At least Nero would propably have given an error message if the files would not have fit your discs.
    Try burning at 1x speed only, it might help too.

Keep us posted

5. ixtreme

ixtreme Member

Thanks will keep you informed on how it goes
    Kind Regards
    Eldon