1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Shrink 3.2.1 record problem

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by Tmaxxfan, Nov 9, 2004.

1. Tmaxxfan

Tmaxxfan Member

when i analize a disc, bfore backup it comes up with double of every file eg. records 2 movie files 2 5.1 sound files and so on anyone know what might be happening to them? cause when i try to replay them in my burner i get redundancy errors as if it were scratched

2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hi tmaxxfan, welcome to AD,

Could you please re-word your question ? I can't, for the life of me, understand what you wish to know -

Take your time, and try to ask clearly -

Pete

3. Tmaxxfan

Tmaxxfan Member

every time i backup a movie using.dvd shrink 3.2, after analysis instead of having one copy of a movie when u open the main movie folder it makes a second copy of the main movie, thus making the main movie folder 3hrs long instead of the 1hr and a half it should be. also makes double copies of audio eg.. 2 5.1 audio streams instead of one. wondering if there is a setting that i can change to rectify this prob.

Hope this helps you understand my prob... if you need more explanation just tell me what sort of explanation you need and i will be more than happy to ablidge you.. and thanks in advance for any advice.

4. CJC

CJC Regular member

Try downloading the latest version of DVD Shrink Version 3.2.0.15

So your saying its copying the files twice ? So in the output folder, there is two of each file ?

CJC

5. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

Are you sure one is not widescreen format and the other fullscreen? A lot of new dvds are doing this.

6. Tmaxxfan

Tmaxxfan Member

Yes it is making 2 copies of the files cjc and it does it on every dvd i record but i will download the new upgrade and let u all know how it goes. thanx for the advice

7. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Wow tmaxxfan,

It sounds like there's an "Echo" going on in the proggy.

If nothing else, delete it completely and reinstall it in a different directory so it can't get corrupted by whatever got to it last time -

Now, THAT is what I call a problem !

If it had happened to "Old" ScubaPete, I would have gone right through the roof -

We have to get this guy fixed !

8. Tmaxxfan

Tmaxxfan Member

well, good news all, fixed my problem.. had to reinstall my hp burner driver. but for some reason it works now lol. Anyhow thanx for all of ur advice, but i do have one more question though... when ever i make a copy and try to use dvd info pro to find out the media type it says blank media. or not dvd format any idea y? No big deal though & thanx again for all ur advice

9. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Tmaxxfan,

When DVVDInfo Pro says that it means that the information for that disc isn't in the DataBase -

With a new 8X or DL disc - it's because it's so new. For other discs, sometimes the pple having discs mfgred just aren't large enough to warrant puting them in - (Not a good sign).

I recommend going to MediaWatch, looking up a brand name, making sure it's got a good report on it - then, that's what I buy -

Here's there address -

http://www.mediamatch.de/medien.php

Here's some help,
    Anbieter: = Manfacturer,
    Anzeigen = Go
    when you arrive at the next page, there is a "search" icon to the right of the discs you're investigating - click that.

Goggle through aD to find the best media recommendations - If you've looked and get stuck, then ask me -

Pete