1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Shrink 3.2 encountering error reading Drive E

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by dwehrmann, Mar 9, 2005.

1. dwehrmann

dwehrmann Member

I am a relatively new user to the art of DVD burning. I have DVD Shrink Version 3.2 and when trying to copy a DVD the following message comes onto the screen and I can go no further.. "DVD Shrink encountered an error and cannot continue. Failed to read "E:\" The parameter is incorrect.

The computer has no problems if viewing DVD's or Cd Roms.I also have DVD Encrypt which says that the DVD is close on 7.3gb which definately needs to be reduced so that I can burn a copy.

2. joschez

joschez Regular member

Last edited: Mar 9, 2005
  3. dwehrmann

dwehrmann Member

I tried that with no result. I uninstalled DVD shrink and reinstalled it. It recognised the disc with no problems. Whatever it was it has sorted it out and I have successfully copied the disc. Thanks for your suggestions

4. joschez

joschez Regular member

Maybe the disc is bad. It happend to me with Troy. I got a second copy and that copy worked for me. Another thing you should try is to use DVD Decrypter to rip the DVD, then use DVD Shrink, load the ripped file and shink it.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2005