1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Shrink 3.2 Error, any help is appreciated!

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by Iversn1, Dec 16, 2004.

1. Iversn1

Iversn1 Member

I'm new to the forum, but any help will be appreciated. I tried searching for this error in the past threads but I couldn't find one, so I started this one... Here it goes:

I just got a Sony DW-D22A DVD burner.
    In order to test it out, I tried burning one of my DVD movies, using DVD shrink. When I click on the "backup" button, I keep getting an error with any movie I try it with...
    "DVD Shrink encountered an error and cannot continue.
    Copy Protection error
    The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error."

Anyone know why I'm getting this and how I can solve it?

Thanks in advance!

2. pulsar

pulsar Active member

You need to install either dvd43 Or anydvd to overcome copy protection issues. Lots here like anydvd (I think it is spot on), it costs a few dollars, but I think it is well worth it.

3. radiofree

radiofree Member

DVD Shrink should be able to bust through most copy protection; try dvd decrypter too. I have only seen one of my movies not able to be backed up with Shrink and I had to use DVD decrypter.

If you are getting this with all your dvds then maybe you should try updating your firmwares and checking for other compatibility issues...that is where most problems are found...

4. feared

feared Member

I too have encountered the same problem with dvd shrink from time to time. My fix was to make sure that DVD Region Killer (or any region program that changes your dvd region) was disabled and that I've selected the correct Region for the disc I'm trying to copy. For example: South Park Season 1 would not copy. The moment it tried to read the disc DVD Shrink gave me a copy protection error, I also tried earlier versions of DVD Shrink but got the same error. DVD Decrypter choked on the disc also but once I changed the setting in DVD Decrypter...Tools-Settings-General-Check For DVD Structure-(and choose) Aggressive, DVD Decrypter worked ok. Make sure you have the correct dvd region selected to get DVD Shrink to work. Good Luck.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2005
  5. jtc982

jtc982 Member

i get the same issue with copyright from dvd shrink. the only way i get around the copyright is using dvd decrypter to read iso the write iso. i would like to find a different way around the copyright issue. so i can use dvd shrinl then dvd decrypter. any ideas??

6. radiofree

radiofree Member

I also have the South Park Season 1 DVD and I was able to back it up with DVD Shrink with absolutely no problems. I would think the program would work evenly across all platforms; all things being equal except for hardware differences then there might be some compatibility issues. I wish I had more answers but people on this thread would know more about shrink's internal workings than me.

7. eascoast

eascoast Member

i had the same problem, the I/O device error. This is because your new hardware is not reset on the system. I first made sure that my drives were set to DMA mode. From there I found a tutorial online, to reset the drives on the system.

8. cynthia_

cynthia_ Regular member

@ eascoast: What tutorial? Can you give a link to that one?

9. matrixfan

matrixfan Guest

I have an I/O Magic 16x and use shrink and decrypter. I got the "copy protected" error and also the I/O device error. I also switched the structure setting to aggressive in hopes of over coming this problem. I then used the program "Vobblanker" which is very similar to AnyDVD. I did not get the copy protection error but after I did eventually burn the movie to a Ritek DVD, the picture was garbled. Any other ideas ? Oh yeah, I also checked my burner settings in device manager and the drive set to DMA. Thanks in advance for any help, I just don't want to start a new coaster collection.

10. squizzle

squizzle Active member

What I did was go into preferences and uncheck the box that says enalble burning with nero (I burn with Nero anyway). After I did this I haven't seen that message ever again.

11. radiofree

radiofree Member

Try this link:

http://www.real-knowledge.com/dma.htm

I can't necessarily vouch for it since I didn't have this problem myself, but there is certainly some help to be had out there...try surfing other forums on AD as well.

12. vonoven

vonoven Member

I had this same exact problem. I unchecked burning with Nero and everything is peachy-keen now. Thanks guys!

13. sgbwalker

sgbwalker Guest

I had the same problem but through trying the other solutions found that by disabling DVD Region Free, ANYDVD and reading from a DVD ROM drive DVD shrink worked fine - I have repeated this a number of times - don't know why /how - but worth a try if you've tried everything else!

good luck