1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Shrink 3.2 error message

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by hkwilson, Jul 4, 2011.

1. hkwilson

hkwilson Member

Hello,

I successfully burned dvd1 with DVDFAB 4.1 and DVD Shrink 3.2 on my Windows 7 OS. When dvd2 was being processed, it went halfway into the rip, and stopped with an error. So I decided to bypass DVDFAB and Burn it from Shrink. Again, it went halfway into the burn and this is the error message that came up. (Sorry, couldn't make the screen shot work)

Dvd Shrink encountered an error and cannot continue
    Failed to read file D:\
    Data error (cyclic redundancy check)

Would greatly appreciate some assistance.

Thanks

Last edited: Jul 4, 2011
  2. Mez

Mez Active member

You need to use the correct termenology so we can understand your question. A Rip is reading from an optical disk and writing to a magenetic one. Burn is reading from a mag and writing it to an optical by burning it with a laser. The process first rips then burns. It never does the 2 at the same time.

Isn't the current DeFab above 8? You have a read problem. It could be you are using an old software version or could be the disk is hard to read. Is it scratched? I have seen new disks that were hard to read. I have seen disks out of the box that were not playable on a not so good player. It was expensive and a good brand but it wasn't a good player. You may need a better burner to read the disk if you have the correct version of DeFab and the disk is not scratched.

Shrink hasn't been changed in 7 yrs so you expect that to be out of date.

There is a Shrink forum. I advise you to post queries the the proper place.

3. hkwilson

hkwilson Member

4. Berryone

Berryone Regular member

Try Cleaning the Original Disk and Re-Rip With DVDFab, Then Burn Useing Imgburn. It Would Help Posting a Failed Burn Log.

I Suggest You Upgrade To DFab 8

Link Is In My Siggy.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2011