1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD SHRINK 3.2 !!!!!!!!!!!!ERROR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by 208_Locos, Jan 4, 2005.

1. 208_Locos

208_Locos Member

CAN ANYBODY HELP ME ON THIS PROBLEM I WANT TO USE DVD SHRINK TO ANALISE AND ENCODE AND THEN TO BURN TO DVD+R BUT THIS ERROR COMES UP MY FRIEND DOES IT PERFECTLY FINE JUST ANALISES IT FROM DISK AND THEN ENCODES IT AND BURNS THIS IS THE ERROR MESSAGE DVD SHRINK ENCOUNTERED AN ERROR AND CANNOT CONTINUE

FAILED TO READ FILE E:

DATA ERROR (CYCLIC REDUNDANCY CHECK)

2. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

Please all caps is considered shouting, and I can hear ya just fine.
    this wouldnt be resident evil 2 or the little black book would it?
    If this is a crc error, from one of the movies i listed,then there are several threads dealing with this same problem,just do a search.
    If not CRC errors usually come from a dirty, scratched, or bad disc.

3. deadcat

deadcat Regular member

1. dont shout
    2. take a breath and try some . or ,
    3. DATA ERROR (CYCLIC REDUNDANCY CHECK) is usually dirty or damaged discs. clean them. if the movie is little black book or re2 do a search for the decrypter fix to this as these movies have intentional bad sectors

4. brobear

brobear Guest

jim_dandy got it right.

Right now we need to know if this is an isolated problem with a particular movie, and if so, what is the title?

Go to http://www.slysoft.com and read the product description on AnyDVD. Then download the beta version of AnyDVD, it is the best for bad sector encryption. If it is an encryption problem letting the AnyDVD run while you run the movie through Shrink to be decrypted and encoded will help. If that doesn't help, it could just be bad media. If this is a recurring problem with different DVDs, you may want to try cleaning the optical head of the drive. That sometimes is a cause of the CRC errors. If it's not the media and not the encryption, you'll need to check out the drive.

5. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Unfortunately the hard copy read error doesn't work with anydvd on this movie(little black book). I played around with it for a while and found that the read errors are only coming from the full screen version part of the DVD. Since I prefer the widescreen version anyway, I just omitted(unchecked) the full screen in DvdCopy 3 and it ripped and burned fine with anydvd running in the background.

I couldn't use shrink to analyze because it couldn't get past the fullscreen read error in it's first minute of analyzing. Same with decrypter, however any app like DvdCopy 3, Clone Dvd 2, which lists the segments will work just by unchecking the fullscreen title of the movie, then proceeding as usual.

6. brobear

brobear Guest

Let's hope we didn't give 208_Locos too much info at once and confuse him.

7. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

Ok I did RE2 with the psl found on the dvd decrypter site but ive yet to tackle Little Black Book (i do have the psl for that movie too)are you guys saying that, it wont work for LBB?

Im going to run out, and buy it, but first, I have to dig myself out of my driveway.We got lots of newfallen snow last night, and bitter cold temperatures(25 below windchills brrrrr)colder than a welldiggers butt. LOL
    And to top it all off, it looks like I have to invest in some new software :(

Biggie what software app do you reccomend?the CloneDvd 2,or the DvdCopy 3? Some of us arent made of money yanno LOL
    Big-o link a brother up if you would please.

8. bigorange

bigorange Active member

LOL, i relate man, believe me!

Go with Intervideo DvdCopy 3. Awesome proggy, second only to RB/CCE in quality and even then you have to go over 40% compression to tell a difference.

They've corrected the pixelation problem in Copy 2 and man is it fast! I mean fast! 30-45 minutes start to finish including burn, with excellent results.

They've also improved the editing and added dual layer capabilities(I believe you just became DL capable, right?)

It's definitely one heck of a DVD backup app.

9. brobear

brobear Guest

jim_dandy
    I'm left speechless, BigO took all my words and left nothing for me to say. LOL He just described my suggestions to a T.

10. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Now THAT scares me!

11. brobear

brobear Guest

Not half as much as it does me. LOL One of me is enough. LOL rotfflmfao