1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Shrink 3.2 frozen

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by Oburi, Aug 26, 2004.

1. Oburi

Oburi Member

Hi,

I just recently installed DVD Shrink version 3.2. When I open either files or a disc in the program and hit the "backup" button the program freezes and locks up. Please help.

thank you,

Oburi

2. Oburi

Oburi Member

bump

3. michigan

michigan Guest

It sounds like a corrupt file but you didn't give me any info to work with. What are your system specs, what hapened exactlly. Try a fresh download and reinstall it could be that simple.

4. Oburi

Oburi Member

Hi,
    Im trying to download and reinstall. I have a P4 2.4ghz, 512mb ram, running Win XP Pro with SP2. I have a Ultra 4X4X12 DVD+RW drive.

5. Oburi

Oburi Member

just tried a fresh install. Same problem. Freezes and locks program up when I hit "backup". Please help!

6. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

Hey, so, you pop in the DVD into your DVD drive, click Open Disk, and then select the drive, then you untick what you don't want (i.e. the subtitles, Dolby Digital or DTS (what ever track you don't use) and then with the Compression set to Automatic, you click "Backup" and the prog freezes?

If so, try DVD Decrypter, after you install Decrypter select Mode -> ISO -> Read, then rip the movie to where ever you want. Mount using Alcohol or Dameon, and point Shrink to the Vurtial drive try it that way, if Decryter gives you a read error of some kind, then, clean the disk and try to rip it again.

If you don't have Alcohol or Dameon, then rip using File Mode (its harder to screw up the files in an ISO form though) then click Open Files and direct Shrink to the folder that you ripped the VOBs to.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]My Comp:
    Dell Dimension 8100
    Pentium 4 1.3 GHZ
    640 MB RAM
    40 GB HDD
    120 GB HDD
    Nvidia GeForce 2 64MB
    Turtle Beach Santa Cruz Sound Card
    NEC 5800-A
    Windows XP Home[/small]

Last edited: Aug 26, 2004
  7. Oburi

Oburi Member

Thats correct.

8. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

k, read above post, then post back with your results.

9. Oburi

Oburi Member

i dont understand. shouldnt dvdshrink 3.2 work fine? Why should i have to do all that? I would like to find out whats wrong, and operate the program properly, if possible ofcourse.

thanks.

10. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

umm, i will play with my Shrink to see if i can get the same problem to occur and then fix it, i will post back if i can successfully 'break' and fix it.

Also, have you successfully burned a DVD with 3.2 in the past? That might help us getting pointed in the right direction.

If you have successfully burned a DVD in the past using Shrink 3.2 then, make sure the disk is free of smugges and finger prints etc.

Also, are you using AnyDVD or DVD43 to decrypt the DVD on-the-fly? can you successfully perform a Deep Analysis? or does it freeze when you click that button?

Last thing, have you scanned your computer recently for Malware (viruses, spyware etc)? I would run a full system scan using a good antivirus program (i.e. Notron, McAfee etc.) that is fully up to date, then, use SpyBot S&D which you can get here:
    http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=2471
    click the second mirror.
    or
    Ad-Aware SE:
    http://www.majorgeeks.com/downloadget.php?id=506&file=3&evp=8dbaff7daca8f4b55bf695220993fc0f

I use both of them.

Dell Dimension 8100
    Pentium 4 1.3 GHZ
    640 MB RAM
    40 GB HDD
    120 GB HDD
    Nvidia GeForce 2 64MB
    NEC 5800-A
    Windows XP Home[/small]

11. Oburi

Oburi Member

Hey,
    I have not successfully burned a disc with Shrink 3.2 in the past, I was using the 3 beta. I am not using AnyDVD or DVD43 to decrypt the DVD on-the-fly. I can perform a deep analysis. I would really like to use it asap. I have to return a movie to a friend tomarrow evening.

12. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

well, download DVD Decrypter, and use ISO mode if you have Dameon or Alcohol 120% on your computer if you don't have Alcohol then use file mode to rip it to your drive so you can work on it when we get your Shrink problem solved. Make sure you have deleted everything that came with Shirnk Beta 3, i really think you have some sort of Malware on your computer, as you can do everything but backup movies with Shink.
    Dell Dimension 8100
    Pentium 4 1.3 GHZ
    640 MB RAM
    40 GB HDD
    120 GB HDD
    Nvidia GeForce 2 64MB
    NEC 5800-A
    Windows XP Home[/small]