1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Shrink 3.2 - Not recognizing any of my burners

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by L1FRDOG, Feb 24, 2005.

1. L1FRDOG

L1FRDOG Member

I had a Pioneer A-106 4X DVD Burner and used Nero 6 and DvdShrink 3.2 for about 60 burns... I never had an issue with any copies and then one day... boom. I fire up the system and initilize DVDShrink and it goes through the whole process of checking the DVD (Which is in the said Drive) it reads the whole thing.. and moves to the burn screen where I am asked what the target drive is going to be. I always had the option to choose my Pioneer... Now it was just gone. Nero could see it I can burn with nero... So after a buttload of troubleshooting which didn't seem to do anything.. I exchanged my burner for same make/model... reloaded all progs and boom!
    Everythings working like a charm again... around 50-60 copies later.. SAME story... I can access the drive in any other program, but in DS3.2 I can not see it as a drive...
    Now I have a new Burner (Magic IO).. Its a cheapy from Staples ($39) and it's burning like a champ (all the same DVDs (exact same) that wouldn't burn on my other system.
    I don't want this to be a novel, but am having real problems finding anyone else having had this issue.

Any help is much appriciated

2. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Hey L1FRDOG, That sounds very strange. I don't know if it will help you much,but did you go through device manager and un-install those pioneer drives and reboot?
    Did you try uninstall/reinstall dvd shrink and nero?

Have you updated nero lately?

Are you ripping and burning with the same burner?

Do you have any other burning software like roxio on your pc?

I mainly use dvd shrink and nero.

You said you just got that I/O Magic 16x at staple's for $40. How does dvd shrink recognize that burner?

I also bought one for my backup pc and shrink tells me it is a 16x ide dvdrw. I bought the exact same I/O 16x burner 3 months ago and it was a benq 1620.Same identical boxes,different manufacturers. I was disappointed with the switching of manufacturers when I got this one sunday.My apex standalone player,lite-on dvd-rom, and benq are having a tough time reading that burn,even with ty's. It plays great on that backup pc and sony stand alone player.I was really looking forward to another benq. I may have to ebay it.
    Sorry if I got off the main subject,I was curious about that I/o model #. Good Luck

3. runner121

runner121 Guest

A good first approach to many PC anomalies is to reboot.Then make sure you don't have DVD burning
    software conflicting with each other.I use nero but only for ISO creation.I have had optimum
    results using these software with my DVD burner.
    They're listed in chronological order.
    1.) DVD Region Free
    2.) DVD Shrink
    3.) IFOedit (removes macrovision and region limitaion.)
    4.) Nero (ONLY FOR CREATING DVD ISO'S)
    5.) DVD Decryptor (For Burning DVD ISOs) Its
    burning engine is KILLER.And last but not least...
    I usually set the burning speed to 4x or slower
    despite my drives speed capability to avoid bad
    burns or buffer underuns.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2005