1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Shrink 3.2

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by LoopTech, Apr 21, 2007.

1. LoopTech

LoopTech Member

After using the lastest version of any dvd, I am having a problem using shrink to backup the persuit,of happiness.. i get this error messsage when tring to use shrink 3.2
    Dvd Shrink encountered an error and cannot continue.. failed to read file "G:\"..

I have tryed other dvds without any problems.. This is the only Dvd I am having problems with..

2. Co45

Co45 Regular member

I had no trouble backing up pursuit of happyness.

I used the method i learned on hear a year back it works everytime..

Rip with dvd fab decryter
    depending on the circumstances ill use vob blanker like if im gonna do full movie and keep the menu's and extra's.
    then i use shrink and burn with dvd decrypter
    And thats it works every time! and the best part its all free!

3. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Even with the latest AnyDVD there are some movies AnyDVD w/ Shrink can't handle - the new Sony's like Pursuit of Happyness.

So rip w/ DVDFab Decrypter then open the files in Shrink. DVDFab Decrypter link.

Or use AnyDVD's counterpart - CloneDVD.

4. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

The usual problem is the increased copy protection that causes files to appear noncompliant. AnyDVD alone bypasses the copy protection, but doesn't process for compliance. That's why is doesn't always work alone. As binkie pointed out, Slysoft has CloneDVD2 that works along with AnyDVD to handle the problem. A free solution for you is to use AnyDVD (you already have it) and rip with DVD Decrypter and process the ripped files with FixVTS. The AnyDVD ripper isn't one of the better methods. If you notice most of the successful methods include a good decryption program (or system) along with good compliance processing. RI4M; DVDFab Decrypter + FixVTS (or VobBlanker); AnyDVD + DVD Decrypter + FixVTS (or VobBlanker); these and other methods that include the processing have been successful. Once the cleaned and compliant files are available for input, there's usually no problems with any of the programs capable of transcoding or encoding.

I used RI4M along with RB Pro/CCE SP and burned with Nero Express. As I mentioned, most any transcoder or encoder can finish the task when a good set of cleaned and compliant files are available.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2007
  5. LoopTech

LoopTech Member

After using dvd fab decryter to rip the movie. I have tryed using Clone Dvd2 to write, but it wants to use E Drive to burn, and my burner is on G Drive.. I just cannot find a way to change Clone to G Drive.. Thanks

6. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Try the browse function to the right of the drop down window.

7. binkie7

@LoopTech
    In the last screen of Clone you can pick the burner under 'dvd writer'.
    Just click on it.

[​IMG]

8. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Binkie is right. When you first get to the Output Method window, you need to select DVD Writer as the Output Method. Then your burner(s) appear in the DVD Writer box. If your drive is present and you click to highlight it, that is the drive your program will use to burn when you select Go.

Select DVD Writer.
    Select drive.
    Set Burn speed.
    Select Go.

With a recordable DVD in the selected burner, it's just a matter of waiting till the DVD is burned.

[​IMG]

9. LoopTech

LoopTech Member

Thanks Folks, I finally was able to backup The pursuit of happyness..again, Thanks for your help

10. binkie7

You're welcome LoopTech

Happy Burning!

11. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Glad to see you got-r-done. Binkie is right smart sometimes.
    BTW, yer welcome.