1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Shrink 3.x vs. 'Texas Chainsaw Massacre'

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by kwebster, Mar 31, 2004.

1. kwebster

kwebster Member

Weird problem. Both DVD Shrink 3.1 and 3.17b returned the following error during pre-analysis (loading) 'Texas Chainsaw Massacre' (2003):

"DVD Shrink encountered an error and cannot continue. Failed to read file "D:". Invalid access to memory location."

Both errors occurred using DVD Shrink 3.1 & 3.17. I also tried to use DVD Info Pro to scan the original for errors, but got a message stating that the disk was encrypted and could not be read.

The interesting thing is DVD Shrink 2.3 did not encounter the issue.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

2. movie_nut

movie_nut Member

Im having the same problem, you didnt mention if 2.3 went all the way through and you were able to back it up. If so does anybody have a link to that version of shrink?
    D

3. linnm666

linnm666 Guest

i too have the same problam. not yet able to copy it, either

4. linnm666

linnm666 Guest

i'm not sure of the language but her is the link for 2.3 though have not tried it yet my self, if anybody else knows anything let us all know

5. magnumjoe

magnumjoe Member

I'm backing up my copy of Texas Chainsaw Massacre, using DVD Shrink 3.05 and not getting any errors.

6. narrw

narrw Guest

I used decrypter to rip..then opened shrink ,found the "massacre" file, hit re-author on it, and it worked!!!

7. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

A lot of people are having troubles with this movie (not me though). I wonder if they used some cheap method of producing the discs that make some of them unreadable.

8. movie_nut

movie_nut Member

Yeehaaa!! I found the problem. LOL When you click on open the disc, turn off the video preveiw and it will work.
    D!@#@!!! hold the press it went to 90% and the same error sorry

Last edited: Mar 31, 2004
  9. bracosam

bracosam Member

I had no problem at all. DVD Shink 3.1 and Nero 6. Worked perfectly.

10. kwebster

kwebster Member

Hello all,

To answer Movie_nut's question regarding the success of v2.3, yes, ripping was successful using that version. I guess it's a good thing I kept that version around.

I also noticed something else when I used v2.3: during the initial analysis (when DVD Shrink is first loading the DVD), the preview scenes were different in 3.1x and 2.3. 3.1x froze at the blue MPAA rating information screen that shows before the movie starts. In v2.3, that screen doesn't even show in the preview. Hmmm. I'm wondering if I re-authored it, leaving everything in BUT that blue screen (I assume it's its own titleset) would it work?

Thoughts, all...

11. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

it's wierd again, I didn't have a problem with backing up this movie at all with shrink 3.1.7, and Im just throwing this out their-- try cleaning your laser head's -- with a disc cleaner

I never leave the preview window on since my eye's don't like watching a movie at fast speed's.

12. tdubbzz

tdubbzz Guest

I backed up my copy "TCM" with DVD Shrink 3.1.5 and I had no problems. I've been using this version for all my backups, along with Stomp RecordNow 4.5 and I get great results. I'm using Ritek G04 media, along with Maxell RG02 everynow and then, with my LiteOn 451S. I love it!!

13. movie_nut

movie_nut Member

I talked to a friend that works at Blockbuster and he said they got advance warnings that there might be some problems with the discs. Guess where i bought my copy...yep. This is the second dvd i got there that i had problems with....I've learned my lesson. Another friend got his copy from another place and had no problems backing it up. He's runnin the same hardware as me(I know because i built it for him) so now i really think theres a bad batch of discs out there.
    D

14. kwebster

kwebster Member

INTERESTING!! I bought mine from BB as well! WOW!

15. drchips

drchips Active member

Hiya all,

An interesting point to consider:

Blockbuster is big enough (along with Walmart) to get special pressings from the major studios - look around and compare some DVDs from BB or Wallyworld with a DVD purchased from another source.

Many differences have been found (scenes deleted, additional extras added etc).

Sometimes it is better to pay the little extra to get the DVD from somewhere else (do we really need Big Business making decisions on what we can see or not - it is bad enough the MPAA / Film Censors / Government has a say in that).

Mind you, if the BB release (or Wallyworld) is substancially the same AND a lot cheaper, then it is a no-brainer ;)

Have Fun....

16. SadJoker

SadJoker Regular member

hmm AnyDVD & CloneDVD 2 copied TCM just fine , no problems what so ever for me. Good ole AnyDVD removed all the protections on the fly, I didnt have to do anything except fire up CloneDVD select the parts of the disc I wanted to keep and click GO, wait the 25 minutes for it to copy them to my hdd. done no problems

17. p2v

p2v Guest

hey ya'll this is my new found best friend on the web.....but anyway this is what i've found on this topic i tried to to burn texas chainsaw mass.. but it wasn't working for me either but i read and guess what it finally work and this is how...let it play it will give you the error notice you restart it without the preview and it should work it did for me hope you have the same luck.....im out

18. onsoku

onsoku Guest

I also had problems when using the "Open Disc" option. I ripped it by going directly to the "Open Folder" option, VIDEO_TS.

Using DS 3.17

19. hogan

hogan Regular member

I just copied TCM using Intervideo DVD Copy2. No problems at all. Plays great. No extras though, just the movie. Hogan

20. HelloWrld

HelloWrld Member

I use DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink and haven't had a problem