1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Shrink - A second Copy from HD

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by suprchuk, Jan 5, 2005.

1. suprchuk

suprchuk Member

OK I don't know if this is a dumb question or not but I have DVD Shrink and Nero installed. If I backup a dvd it will automatically burn it's self with the nero burn engine, However the files that are left on the HD do not have an Audio_TS and Video_TS folder You cannot burn them directly with out them in the correct spot. If you turn off direct burning DVD Shrink will leave the Aduio & Video folders and you just drag them to your disk in a program like NERO or Roxio. How do I burn them if it doesn't leave these folders. I have burned Severla coasters because my dvd player doesn't recognize them no matter how I burn them. but if DVD SHrink burns them they work great. I am not using cheap media. I am burning at 2 & 4 speed althought I have an 8x burner. Any ideas or suggestions? Anything would help I have 13 movies on my harddrive now that need to be burned for my son.. He scratches them alot.

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

I have never used the enable nero on DVDShrink. So im asuming that if its enabled then it makes an image file instead of a DVD_BACKUP folder with sub folders of video_ts and audio_ts. I have it disabled and so after DVDShrink makes the back up of it I then use IMGtool suported with nero to burn the DVD_BACKUP Folder.

3. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Also wanted to add are you sure your DVD player suports DVD burned media. Both DVD+R and DVD-R. SOme DVD home players will play both types, or 1 of the types, and somtimes wont play any burned DVD disc.

4. DogBomb

DogBomb Regular member

I never use DVD Shrink to burn directly. I rip to the hard drive first, then use Nero's wizard. Select 'DVD-Video', and it will create the VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folders on the left. Then all you do is drag the ripped files over to the left. Since there are rarely any files created under AUDIO_TS, I will usually drag whatever is ripped and put all the files under the VIDEO_TS directory on the left. You can burn as UDF or ISO but I select 'DVD-Video' in Nero because it will check my files to make sure they are DVD-compliant first. In other words, that there are IFOs,, BUPs, VOBs, etc.