1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd shrink am i missing a step?

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by browny111, Nov 1, 2003.

1. browny111

browny111 Member

i compress my dvd with dvd shrink.i get a lot of vob files bup files & dvd navigation files. then i use nero6 to burn them to disc. it does not work in my stand alone. or any of my friends. i have followed the guides in
    http://www.chrismccann.co.uk/
    am i missing a step between compession & burn?

2. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi all

so you put all files in a VIDEO_TS folder and burnt that too?

are you usinf nero v6? i use v5 all good burns so far!

also could be media issue not compatible? are you using +r or -r?

need more info from start to finish with as much settings detail as poss!

thx....

3. #afonic

#afonic Regular member

First of all make sure that you use DVD-R and not DVD+R.

Then make sure you open a DVD-Video project and that you put all the files into the VIDEO_TS folder already there.

Here's mt guide for Nero6: http://users.auth.gr/~ichatzim/nero.htm

4. Discmania

Discmania Active member

I think you have a media/player compatibility problem. Try changing the discs. Are you sure you're standalone supports DVD R/RW?

5. browny111

browny111 Member

i put all the files in VIDEO_TS and used nero6 with the settings as instructed for nero5 i use a hp 300i +r tdk blank.the only folder on the burnt dvd is the VIDEO_TS folder. the dvd does not play on my stand alone or on my computer using win dvd. i have a dvd burner & player on my computer.i tried playing the video_ts file right off my hard drive with win dvd and that did not work.

6. browny111

browny111 Member

i put all the files in VIDEO_TS and used nero6 with the settings as instructed for nero5 i use a hp 300i +r tdk blank.the only folder on the burnt dvd is the VIDEO_TS folder. the dvd does not play on my stand alone or on my computer using win dvd. i have a dvd burner & player on my computer.i tried playing the video_ts file right off my hard drive with win dvd and that did not work.

7. Discmania

Discmania Active member

You may have an aspi file problem. The aspi file is essential for ripping/playing video and sometimes it can become corrupted. Try downloading force aspi. This will not damage your system and may correct the problems: http://www.clonecd.net/aspi.htm
    It is not essential to put all the vobs into the video TS folder. I just drag every file into Nero and Nero automatically sorts the files instantly for burning. When you have ripped another DVD with Shrink try opening just one of the Vobs to see if it will play.

8. Bodene

Bodene Regular member

EEEk....there was a post on here last week from a guy that sed he did what u just suggested and couldn't make a playable DVD. Once he put the files INTO the VIDEO_TS folder that Nero provides...the problem ended. Your comment is the first I've ever seen that sez that. I'll stick with putting mine IN the folder that Nero provides.

browny111...I have the same burner that u do and I've yet to find a standalone that won't play my DVD+R backups. Are you using RW's? Are you using cheapo media? Try good quality +R media. There's got to be some detail yer missing.

9. Discmania

Discmania Active member

I think there is a misunderstanding. Yes you must click on the video folder before dragging files into nero, but just to say you must drag the files into the Video TS folder can imply that you must drag all the vobs, etc into the Video Ts file which is just part of the ripped files. This can create confusion. To clarify, yes I do click once on the Video folder in Nero before dragging files and you should always do that. However Browny111 should still test by opening one vob.

10. Diablo60

Diablo60 Member

you said the only folder on the burnt DVD was the Video_TS folder what about the Audio_TS folder I know its empty but is required for standalones to recognize as a DVD

11. Discmania

Discmania Active member

You don't need the audio folder, only the video folder as this inclused audio also. If you only want audio then choose the audio folder - this does not incluse viseo. Maybe thisis what you have been doing wrong? Good luck.

12. browny111

browny111 Member

thanks for all the help i can finally back up

13. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Make sure your stand alone will play +R media. A friend of mine asked me to backup a movie for him. It played in my Sony player. He took it home and next day said it wouldn't play in his. We checked 2 other players and it played fine. I asked him to bring in his owners book and found out his only will play -R media. He is mad because his player is only about 1 1/2 years old. Jerry