1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Shrink, analysis DVD error

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by felini, Oct 1, 2004.

1. felini

felini Guest

In 1 month I back up cca 50 DVD normally, afther that I can't open disc in DVD Shrink. When I open DVD or DVD image on hard disc, and when DVD Shrink analise disc, this message it appers on screen: " DVD Shrink 3 caused an error at unknown. Try restart your computer" I try uninstall and again install DVD Shrink, but same thing happen!
    Please help!

2. cynthia_

cynthia_ Regular member

Have you tried with another DVD? Does your burner/reader work without involving DVDShrink?

3. felini

felini Guest

Yes, I tried with many DVD's, and my burner/reader work normally, without problems. Do you know another program like DVD Shrink, who can compressing and re-author DVD?

4. gorangel

gorangel Guest

Elby clonedvd 2, DvDremake

5. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Actually DvdReMake doesn't compress, it is an editing/re-authoring tool only.

There are many programs that do what shrink 3.2 does but shrink is free. As gorangel stated cloneDVD 2 will work.

You might want to look at nero Ultra 6 which is an entire suite of video and audio programs. Recode 2 for DVD backup(works almost exactly like shrink), dvd cover design, menu creating program, PC backup, burning engine, toolkit,Cd burning,photoshop, and a slew of others.

You can DL it every month for the full month for free til you decide to buy at 59.00. Make sure you DL update packs 1,2,4,5,6. Do not get pack 3, InCD, it can cause conflict with other software.

I wonder why shrink doesn't work, it may be your settings or PC, if it doesn't work there is a good chance others won't work as well. I wouldn't buy anything without trying 1st and make sure.

Good luck.....:>)