1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Shrink analyzes very slow

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by jsmith11, Mar 4, 2004.

1. jsmith11

jsmith11 Member

I have a friend who just bought a new Emachine with a DVD burner in it, not sure what kind it is. The computer is plenty fast, faster than mine and I have no problems. I set him up with DVD Shrink 3.1.4 I believe is the one it was. When I put a movie in to show him how to do it, the first time it analyzes that should take maybe 2 minutes at the most, took him like 6 or 7 minutes so I rebooted thinking something was hanging and it did the same thing. Any ideas?

2. Ni4ni

Ni4ni Member

His drive might be in PIO mode. To check do this:
    Go to
    1. My Computer
    2. Control Panel
    3. System
    4. Hardware
    5. Device Manager
    6. IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers
    7. Open the installed IDE channels (Primary and Secondary)
    8. Click on Advanced settings
    9. You will see the transfer mode. If any are PIO you need to un-install the channel (right click and choose uninstall) and re-boot. Windows will reinstall the device and return it to DMA mode.
    10. Be careful when using this procedure because if you have an older hard drive or storage device that does not support DMA you could corrupt your data.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;817472

© Ni4ni

3. DaOsT

DaOsT Regular member

well as a bench mark My pc will analyse ANY dvd in 30 secs ruffly n I am kinda old now 2.6 ghz ere