1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Shrink and Decryptor working together

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by honeyboy, Dec 2, 2004.

1. honeyboy

honeyboy Member

Hi,
    I am hoping I am posting in the right area and will not get censored.

I ripped a movie to the hard disk using DVD Shrink. I was told I could burn it with dvd decryptor. When I opened decryptor, it did not "see" the ripped files from Shrink although I had directed it to the correct directory. What am I doing wrong? Why cant decryptor see the ripped shrink files?

I read the guides but it does not answer the question, how do I use the two programs together.

Thanks

Mason

2. OU812Ono

OU812Ono Regular member

Hey honeyboy,

Never ripped with Shrink before but since you have both proggy's I'll tell ya an easy way that should get you some results.

Rip with Dvd Decryptor, for the settings go to "Mode-Iso-Read". Next move down the screen under "Destination" choose a directory that you'll remember later. Click Dvd->HDD icon and let it do it's magic.
    "This way only works if your NOT using a FAT32 HDD."

If you do have FAT32 under settings choose "Mode-File" instead of "Mode-Iso-Read".

Once Decryptor's done, open Shrink, if you ripped using "Mode-Iso-Read" then choose "File-Open Disc Image" and locate the directory you chose to rip to and double click the file it made.

If you ripped using "Mode-File" then all you have to do is choose the "Open Files" icon from the top and choose which directory you put it in.

Find your file, Shrink it to your preferences.
    When your done choose "Backup" and under "Target Device" scroll down in the "Backup target Device" column till you get to "Iso Image File and Burn with Decryptor." Then choose a directory/name from under that or leave it the way it is. Choose whatever other settings you want i.e. Quality/Region settings....click ok and let it go.

After it's done it should open Decryptor for you.Check under "Mode" to make sure it's "Mode-Iso-WRITE". Un-tick "verify" if it isn't already, choose your burner, set your write speed "the slower burn speed the less chances of errors,I use 4x". After that you should be ready to click the HDD->Dvd icon and let it burn baby burn.

Hope my 2 cents is enough to get the bills paid, if you have any problems come back and someone much smarter than me should be able to help ya.

Goodluck and welcome to the Club!

3. zippyd

zippyd Active member

More than likely you didn't select ISO image file as your target when you backed up the movie to your HD and you now have a Video TS file. DVD Decrypter can only write ISO files and won't recognize anything else when in write mode.
    It really isn't necessary to rip with Decrypter first, but you can take the extra step if you like.

Your current Video TS file can still be burned if you have a file burning program. The steps you need to take will vary depending on which program it is. Your other option is to open those files in Shrink (click open files-->select your files on your HD) and run them through again, but this time under "select backup target" choose "ISO Image File and burn with DVD Decrypter".

If you would like a bare bones, step by step guide to using Shrink and Decrypter, then check the post by ScubaPete at the link below........

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/105641

4. honeyboy

honeyboy Member

Thank you everyone! What a great forum! Your help lessens the learning curve greatly. If I spent more time waddeling around inside the menus of the programs, I would have seen all the answers you have helped me with. But......Nooooooo....

The help really got me going much quicker!

Thanks again.

Mason

5. zippyd

zippyd Active member

Glad we got you burning.