1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dvd Shrink and DVD Decriptor

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by Sukodin, Jan 25, 2005.

1. Sukodin

Sukodin Member

Ok quick question.. I have read that I can use just DVD Shrink and then DVD Decrip to burn the disk..

DO I need to have Nero installed to do this? I have Nero 5 but didnt want to upgrade to 6 if I didnt have to... I have been using DVD X-Copy for the past year, but I have been reading that the other setup is much better..

I was hoping that I could just use those two programs and it would do everything I need..

2. bardie

bardie Regular member

DVD Shrink cannot burn, only rip and compress. DVD Decrypter can rip and burn, but not compress.
    So you can use DVD Shrink to Rip and DVD Decrypter to burn. Or you may just use DVD decrypter to do both (if the movie needs no compression)
    So that's all the programs you may need.......and they are free!!

Last edited: Jan 25, 2005
  3. kchev

kchev Regular member

i would definitely recommend upgrading to Nero 6 if you do ANY movie burning with it all
    Nero 5 is not very compatible with burning files for dvd player viewing
    Nero 6 fixed this problem and is much more compatible

i used to have to use copytodvd to burn my movies until Nero 6 came out

4. asystole

asystole Member

i myself have spent countless money on dvdxcopy express with platnium, dvd wizard pro, and so on to find out dvd shrink with nero 6 was the best for me(burnt over 100 movies with only 2 mistakes but believe to be bad media with them mistakes)...if dvd shrink cant do it then ill turn to dvd decrypter....and both these programs are free....so cant hurt to try them...