1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter 3.5.4 and Windows 7

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by witenoiz, Jan 29, 2009.

1. Deadrum33

Deadrum33 Active member

If virtual XP mode you talk of, it only works if your version is better than Win7 home premium and you have the right CPU for virtualization.
    If you talk of a different virtual drive than what Microsoft puts out, and installing an old version of XP on it, that is slower and doesn't work as well as the virtual xp mode that comes with Win7.
    In my high powered (by last years standards) Win7 Ultimate machine I used nero7 in Xp mode to edit a video. It would have been quicker and easier to boot from my other hard drive with XP on it but I was stubborn and had to try and make it work. I made it work but it took longer than it should've, harder to blend audio and video and just a PITA overall.

Microsoft even says

HERE

2. byrell

byrell Member

If you are having a problem in Windows 7(32) with DVD Decrypter from engaging or getting stuck at the Device Buffer - go to your Task Manager- choose Processes and find your SearchIndexer app- right click and "end tree" that function. Your DVD Decrypter will continue past the Device Buffer and work.

3. bdjuju

bdjuju Member

@lollerson's instructions re DEP are spot-on. Got me up & running on Win7 and Server2008R2 (aka Win7 Server) Thanks!

4. Biglounyc1973

Biglounyc1973 Member

What I do for older programs on Windows 7 64 bit is to make sure you run a compatibility to run back to Windows XP SP3. I've had to issues with older programs this way. Also, what you can do, haven't tried yet, is to run the program with XP Mode depending on the version of WIN7 64. Hope this helps.

5. EbolaZ

EbolaZ Member

Previously, I had a PC running Windows Vista and was using DVD Shrink and Nero to rip and burn DVDs. On the whole, this system worked 95% of the time.

I now have a PC which runs Windows 7. I installed DVD Shrink 3.2 but I have been unable to backup DVDs. DVD Shrink is able to open the disc in the drive. Then, when I try to back it up,I get prompted to specify the region the DVD was meant to play in. I seldom saw this prompt in my old PC. I choose Region 1 then it starts to back up a copy but it stalls. The furthest I have gotten was 7%.

I tried lollerson's suggestion but this didn't help. Anyone notice a mistake I am making?