1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd shrink and dvd decryptor

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by firegreen, Aug 21, 2004.

1. firegreen

firegreen Member

i am a newbie to burning dvds ... i purchased a plextor px-712a dvd burner ... dvd x copy platinum which i cannot get to work correctly ... nero 6 ... and fujifilm dvd+r 4x 4.7gb media ... still having problems burning dvds ... i was told to download dvd shrink and dvd decryptor which i have done ... now can someone tell me how to properly burn a dvd ... does my hardware sound like a issue maybe ??? please help im running out of money ... lol ...

2. michigan

michigan Guest

Go to this thread for all the info you need to get started.
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/79846
    (Don't forget to save the ScuberPete guide on your computer and print it out for quick access to help)

Also go here.
    http://www.dvdshrink.info/guides.php
    This is the web site for Shrink the guide is excellent.

The guy who wrote the program is a genius and I am forever in his debt (I think he should accept donations)

Are you listening ddlooping
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]emachines T1862, 1.8mhz, 762 ram, 60gig hdd, 10gig hdd, lite-on multiformat dvd, 1394 IEEE

[​IMG][/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2004
  3. firegreen

firegreen Member

i have the scuba pete instructions ... but my backup icon will not light up when i try to click ... can you tell me why ???

4. michigan

michigan Guest

Is your blank disc being seen by your player? You need to get some better media to avoid lots of problems
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]emachines T1862, 1.8mhz, 762 ram, 60gig hdd, 10gig hdd, lite-on multiformat dvd, 1394 IEEE

[​IMG][/small]

5. firegreen

firegreen Member

i will get some new media ... but shouldnt the dvd shrink still at least allow me to click back up ???

6. michigan

michigan Guest

Not if your burner isn't seeing a disc. You can also try switching your target drive to your hard drive and see if it works that way if it does then you know it is with your media.

[​IMG][/small]

7. firegreen

firegreen Member

and how do i do this ???
    and by the way ... thanks for the help ...

8. michigan

michigan Guest

Start up Shrink

Insert your original disc

"Open" the disc.

For your target drive select "Hard drive" and make a note of where it will go.

Then go on like you are burning to a disc.

[​IMG][/small]

9. michigan

michigan Guest

Let me know, i'll be in and out of the forums all night.
    _
    [​IMG][/small]

10. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Firegreen,

What do you think you're doing ?

You don't post on 3 different threads plus PM me with the exact same question.

Your current record -

A PM to ScubaPete
    Plus
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/102305
    Plus
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/102701
    Plus
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/102701
    Plus
    A second PM to ScubaPete to ask a question, AFTER I SAID TO STOP.

There are a lot of pple you've used here - - Don't PM other members it's all the same thing - STOP IT !

_
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]
    The “old man” Pete (ö¿ô)
    Compaq 8000, Pent IV CPU 2.84GHz, 1024MB RAM, 520GB HD.
    Pioneer 107, 8X R/W , Nec R/W ND-1300A, JLMS DVD ROM.
    128MB GeForce4 TI 4200, O/S XP[/small]

Last edited: Aug 21, 2004
  11. firegreen

firegreen Member

thanks michigan ... i got dvd shrink working with your help ... scuba pete kept referring to dvd x copy but all i needed to do was open disc to be able to highlight the "backup !" icon on dvd shrink ... i am still working out the kinks but thanks for not being rude like some people ... i was asking on different threads because i was trying to find someone to help me ... but thanks again for being rude scuba when i was just asking for help ...

12. michigan

michigan Guest

Pete is not rude what you did (double posting, pming, etc.) was against the rules and is one of the biggest things that pisses off the people around here who help.

I don't mind helping and neither does Pete, however, read through our rules and come back and let us/me know if you need anymore help.

Glad that you got your stuff going.

13. firegreen

firegreen Member

thanks michigan ... got everything burning fine ... and thanks to pete too ... i am new here and i did not mean to upset anyone ... thanks again ... got one final question ... i am having difficulty burning backup dvds ... is this possible with dvd shrink ???

14. michigan

michigan Guest

You should have no problem backiing up your DVD's with Shrink just folow the Guides

15. firegreen

firegreen Member

my burned backups will play fine on my computer and in my playstation two ...these two programs are great ... but in my dvd player the backups skip and freeze up ... is this because of my media or my dvd player or both ???
    also can i burn a backup from a backup ??? is this possible ??? thanks again for all the assistance ... getting somewhere im actually seeing the light at the end of this tunnel ...

16. michigan

michigan Guest

Skips and freezes are classic crappy media signs, your burner is fine.

Buy the good media it stops a lot of problems.

A backup of a backup is a simple disc copy, the encryption is already gone and it is already shrunk to fit on a disc.

BTW you should set your disc size to no bigger than 4360. This keeps you away from the outer edges of the discs this is where if there are any bad spots, scratches you will have problems

17. firegreen

firegreen Member

do i still use dvd shrink to do this ??? or would i go straight dvd decryptor ??? i also have nero 6 would this be a good avenue ... and as far as media goes i am using fujifilm dvd+r for data and video 4x write speed 4.7gb 120 minutes ... is this media considered poor quality and if so what would you suggest ... thanks for all the help ...

18. michigan

michigan Guest

Stick with Shrink and use the setting to burn with Nero You do have Nero 6 however have you gotten the latest updates if not get them.

Fujifilm are not of the best quality save them for data and other non DVD uses though.

Get some Ritek G-04 "branded" or Verbatim" datalife.
    Try here this is where I get me stuff from and I actually ordered these today.

http://meritline.com/ritek-ridata-g04-4x-dvd-r-blank-media-disc-matte-1.html

19. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Please look again. When you click on "Backup" using DVD Shrink it does not "Highlight" OR "Light" anything. The only thing it does is bring up the "Backup" window. The only boxes that have a backlight on DVD Shrink are the "Full Disc" and "re-Author".

BUT since you posted that you had DVD XCopy and that does have a "Light" on every button, I couldn't tell to what you were refering.

No worries, maybe we learned that you have to be accurate when discribing what you're working with -

To answer your question, When you wish to copy multiple backups from a backup copy, I suggest that you use Nero. From "SmartStart" choose "Copy and Backup". then choose "Copy Discs" - When Nero Express opens you can then choose how many copies you wish to do from 1 to 100.

Again, don't multi-Post -

Cheers

20. michigan

michigan Guest

Pete,

I think he was missing a step in the process - the one where you "open disc", he couldn't click on "backup if the disc wass not open and encoded yet.

It doesn't "light up" but I think thats what he was refering to - not being able to click on it.