1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Shrink and DVD X Copy

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by twomile, Apr 19, 2004.

1. twomile

twomile Member

I have read so much information on using shrink. I know you can't burn with this and it seems that DVD decrypter or Nero are the most popular. I own dvd x copy and after I used shrink to remove some of the titles i did not want so I could fit a dvd 9 on one dvd 5 disk I started x copy to burn onto the blank dvd. I could not see how to choose the files that shrink had put on my hard drive. Is it posssible to use dvd x copy with shrink. Please help I am new to this Thanks in advance

2. mrman

mrman Regular member

dvd shrink can burn on its own if you have nero that is my personal preferance for burning and i have backed up many movies without a failure.

3. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Dvd X copy software is designed to only work with files it creates. It actually water marks and serial codes its copies. Thats why you can't copy an X copy dvd with X copy software again. Stick with Shrink, Decrypter, and Nero. I'm not sure if they changed the Ripper Free new version to allow it to be used as a burning program. I only have the original version and was refering to that.

Jerry

4. Yordan

Yordan Guest

With RF version of DVDXCopy Platinum you can do pretty much what DVDShrink does...

5. Yordan

Yordan Guest

Use Shrink to choose what you want to keep from the disk you are backing up and then burn the files with DVD Decrypter (free program) you`ll get better results than with the X Copy program, there are some guides on how to use the two programs here, just do a surch..

6. viper6699

viper6699 Guest

ditch x copy.....download shrink and decrypter with the latest versions of these to (free) progs you can do just about anything you want to do if you are just interested in backing up dvd's

viper