1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd shrink and hard drive space

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by xtbone, Oct 26, 2003.

1. xtbone

xtbone Guest

I have a 100 gig HD my programs account for 28gigs since I recently started backing up movies I do not have any space left. I use dvd shrink to compress and Nero ultra 6 to burn. Does dvd shrink create files that I do not know about? I have run disk cleanup from windows, Ihave deleted any temp files that I found and I have defragmented my drive but have recovered little space.

2. yuedana

yuedana Regular member

are you erasing the folders after you burn them with nero6. If you don't, you will be adding about 4.5 gb per movie that you back up. Using nero will not delete those video_ts folders that you are making. I like to save the video_ts folders for extra copies and for viewing on the computer.

I recently installed a 160 gb hd just for video work (minidv and dvd stuff) and it gets filled pretty quickly. Video is a huge memory hog.

3. RWG

RWG Regular member

Got Norton Systemworks installed? If yes, right click the Trash and set it to a regular Trash Bin. Norton default is a depository of saved junk that accumulates & has to be deleted.

It's 'for your protection.'

RWG

4. xtbone

xtbone Guest

Tahnks for the information. My problem was that Nero recode creates a temp file under c:\documents and settings\xtbone\local settings\temp\Nero Recode\VIDEO_TS. I found it using the search companion in windows and looking for files/folders greater than 1,000,000kb. You must look in hidden folders also. Maybe this info will help someone else.

5. yuedana

yuedana Regular member

why are you doing a nero recode? You shouldn't need to do that. Nero should just be replicating what is in your VIDEO_TS folder on your hard drive.

6. xtbone

xtbone Guest

How do I burn from the folder created by dvd shrink? I tried some other features in Nero and could not get it to work. If you have a suggestion I would appreciate it. I am no familiar with Nero.

7. yuedana

yuedana Regular member

8. RWG

RWG Regular member

Could xtbone have measnt to say Record instead of Recode?

RWG

9. xtbone

xtbone Guest

Thank you for the information. You have been a big help.