1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Shrink and ISO files

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by stevo1957, Apr 10, 2005.

1. stevo1957

stevo1957 Member

Gidday all,

I have been using DVD Decrypter, DVD Shrink and Nero to burn my backups, but have been having problems.

About an hour or so in, the picture and sound will become jumpy and interrupted. It does this on my PS2 and DVD player but seems ok on the Pioneer burner in the PC, that I create the disks with.

I used to use Laser DVD -R but have changed to Verbatim -R (I'm thinking increase in price means increase in quality!).

I also want to try and burn with CloneDVD2 but am having troubles getting ISO files created that Clone DVD2 will open.

When I use DVD shrink on the MDS files that DVD Decrypter creates, even if I select the output option as ISO (so that Clone DVD2 can read it) it still creates the file with an MDS extension - and I therefore can not get CloneDVD2 to open it.

Where am I going wrong.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers,

Steve.

2. cynthia_

cynthia_ Regular member

Latest firmware installed for your burner?
    What speed are you burning at?

3. stevo1957

stevo1957 Member

Yep - firmware up to date and I am burning at 2 speed.

Someone said I need DVD Decrypter, DVD Shrink and then CloneDVD but I'm reading that DVD Decrypter and Shrink should do the job.

What is everyone using in conjunction with DVD Shrink to burn with?

Cheers,

Steve

4. cynthia_

cynthia_ Regular member

Skip CloneDVD. You can use the freeware program DVD Decrypter for your burnings. Just select "Burn ISO with DVD Decrypter" in the DVD Shrink backup section.

5. bartle

bartle Guest

6. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Are you using CloneDVD2 in conjunction with AnyDVD? All you have to do is open AnyDVD let it break the encryption then encode and burn your backup with CloneDVD2. When opening CloneDVD2 are you choosing the Write Existing Data option, use this and open your ISO file, it should burn.