1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Shrink and RipitForMe...

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by summitboy, Feb 28, 2007.

1. summitboy

summitboy Member

Sony is at it again. I tried to back up Stranger Than Fiction in my usual fashion using Shrink and AnyDVD (the latest version). No Go. So I tried the RipItForMe route as described by PacMan777 (Have I said thanks enough :=). I was pleased with the smooth operation and all worked great.

So my question is, could it be my imagination or is the quality of the video copy better with this combination? It was a 100% movie only backup so that should produce the best results but I do it that way a lot and it just looks a whole lot sharper to me.

Any comments?

Don

2. ZCS626

ZCS626 Regular member

anyDVD is a waste of money, considering how well RipIt4Me is doing for being a freeware product.

i have yet to run into a problem with any sony encrypted movies using Ripit4me, other than the fact that during the ripping phase sometimes it slows down to a 0.0X read rate, but it kicks it after a while. must be a sony thing.

3. FFsp42

FFsp42 Regular member

AnyDVD is certainly not what it used to be. It does seem that they are lagging behind on some of the newer movie encryptions. I agree....you can't go wrong with RipIt4Me lately.

4. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Summitboy
    I've been using hard drive files for a long time. Even with AnyDVD I used it with DVD Decrypter. Seems DVD Decrypter has been part of the setup for about all of my backups for the past few years. So, I'm not a good source to ask for comparisons on use of "on the fly" decryption and hard drive files relative to output quality. It being digital signals, it shouldn't make a difference unless something happens to degrade the processing of the data.

Digital quality is a two edged sword for the movie industry. Customers love the digital quality. However it's that digital quality that makes the 100th generation copy as good as the original when done properly. With old VHS tapes the quality suffered if a person made a second generation copy.

You're welcome a lot. ;)

Last edited: Feb 28, 2007
  5. ripitboy

ripitboy Member

....And ripit4me was ready for this one, did not need to be updated. ripit4me running the files thru fixvts/shrink/imgburn did this one without a problem.