1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD shrink and TMPGenc Author problem

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by Fredhose, Mar 3, 2004.

1. Fredhose

Fredhose Member

I transferred some programs recorded on PVR to a computer. The video is 544x480. I use the following sequence:
    Transfer from PVR hard drive to computer which creates .m2v and .mp2 files;
    Then I use IFOedit to create the DVD files;
    I can now read, edit and output the dvd files in TMPGenc Author with no problem;
    If I use DVD shrink to reauthor the IFO created dvd to cut start and end and author the portion I want, it imports ok in TMPGenc author;
    But when I try to edit this in TMPGenc author it gives me error "cannot initialize audio decoder".

I have tried both the new and older version of the DVD shrink with the same result. Please advise what could be going wrong.

Fred

2. kaavik

kaavik Member

I have the same problem in TMPGEnc DVD Author -- except I am recording the video from my Hauppage PVR-350 with SageTV. When I try to play a clip in the TMPGEnc chapter edit mode, it says "Cannot initialize the audio decoder." The interesting thing, imho, is that I don't always have the problem. Of 6 Seinfeld episodes I have recorded, 3 play fine and 3 have the error. I can't seem to relate the issue to the particular instance of SageTV or any difference in recording parameters.

I have wondered if it could be the timing of the start and stop of the recording from SageTV?

If no one knows how to resolve the error in TMPGEnc, can someone at least recommend the best way to split the video and audio so that I can rebuild it with something that TMPGEnc would not complain about.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
    CARTER