1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Shrink Burn Error

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by DeltaB, May 19, 2004.

1. DeltaB

DeltaB Member

Please help, I am using a new TEAC DVD burner in a new Dell w/ XP. Trying to backup my 3rd straight disk, I received the following:
    <p>
    11:39:27 PM #22 CDR -1135 File Writer.cpp, Line 304
    Write error

11:39:28 PM #23 Text 0 File ThreadedTransfer.cpp, Line 229
    all writers idle, stopping conversion

11:39:28 PM #24 Text 0 File ThreadedTransfer.cpp, Line 223
    conversion idle, stopping reader

11:43:58 PM #25 Phase 38 File APIProgress.cpp, Line 269
    Burn process failed at 2.4x (3,324 KB/s)

11:43:58 PM #26 Text 0 File AudioCompilationImpl.cpp, Line 828
    DRM: DRM burn session terminated.

11:43:58 PM #27 Text 0 File AudioCompilationImpl.cpp, Line 857
    DRM: Closing entire DRM handling. Bye.

2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

What are you using with Shrink? Nero or Decrypter?

3. DeltaB

DeltaB Member

I am using Nero. I would use shrink to decode and burn. I made several backups prior to this new computer without problems. I have downloaded decrypter as well.

4. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

hi deltab
    being the owner of two(older)dells,I know that they used to put(yucko)roxio ie.easy cd creator,on their systems.If this is the case,delete roxio and all things related to roxio,easy cd creator,adaptec,as it conflict with nero.
    jim

5. flip218

Yes, agree need to get rid of Roxio. Also along with your TEAC burner, did you get a DVD-ROM? Factory settings for a Dell with 2 optical drives will make you DVD-ROM your primary drive and your burner your secondary drive. Switch that. Since most new Dells use cable select, so don't worry about having to switch jumpers. Just open up your tower, remove and swap drive placements and cables. Also try updating your aspi layer. Most have trouble installing aspi 4.71 into XP, so use ForceASPI 1.7 which is simple to install and can go onto any O/S.

Remember to reboot after install, and try to burn.
    ForceASPI:
    http://www.afterdawn.com/software/cdr_software/cdr_tools/frcaspi.cfm

6. DeltaB

DeltaB Member

All, thanx for all of your replies; you guys rock! I will switch the cables of the DVD-ROMs; you are correct that I have a dual drive; primary DVD-RW and secondary DVD. I will also update the ASPI driver as well and let you know how it goes.

Delta

7. DeltaB

DeltaB Member

I have changed the pins to have the DVD-ROM be the Master and the DVD-RW as the Slave. I have updated the firmware for the TEAC DVD-RW combo drive and the ASPI drivers. Guess what - IT STILL DOESN'T WORK! The last thing I can try is using different media (I was using Imation but I'll try something else). Any thoughts?

8. flip218

No. No, you should make your dvd burner your master drive and make your dvd-rom you secondary drive. Aslo which aspi layer did you update to? 4.71 or 4.60? Also make sure you don't mess with the jumper, just the ide cable. If you did switch the jumper setting, change it back to cable select.

9. flip218

Just a heads up. Alot of people install Adaptec ASPI v4.71.2 wrong into XP. To check: click my computer, then local disk, then adaptec, then aspi, then aspichk. In this window it will show which dll's are installed. In XP, if you install v4.71.2 it should say this.

ASPI32.SYS & WNASPI32.DLL will say 4.71.2
    WOWPOST.EXE & WINASPI.DLL will say Not Installed

If it's installed wrong. WOWPOST.EXE & WINASPI.DLL will say 4.60 This is wrong!
    Also did you uninstall Roxio?
    _
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Dell 8250, Pentium 4 2.80GHz
    1.5 GB RDRAM, 200GB HD
    TDK 840G, Sony DDU-1612 DVD-ROM
    XP Pro, ATI All-In-Wonder 9000 Pro

Gateway 450, Pentium III 450MHz
    384 MB SDRAM, 160GB HD
    NEC 2100A, LiteOn LTD-163 DVD-ROM
    XP Home, 16MB nVidia RIVA TNT[/small]

Last edited: May 23, 2004
  10. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

[bold]Just a heads up. Alot of people install Adaptec ASPI v4.71.2 wrong into XP. To check: click my computer, then local disk, then adaptec, then aspi, then aspichk. In this window it will show which dll's are installed. In XP, if you install v4.71.2 it should say this.

ASPI32.SYS & WNASPI32.DLL will say 4.71.2
    WOWPOST.EXE & WINASPI.DLL will say Not Installed

If it's installed wrong. WOWPOST.EXE & WINASPI.DLL will say 4.60 This is wrong![/bold]

Mine says exactly what you have posted here for the WOWPOST and WINSAPI. It says 4.6, and the ASPI32 and the WNASPI32 both say 4.71.2.

How do I change this? Should I try installing again, and do I have to uninstall the wrong one, first?

I have not had a problem burning with Shrink, though.

Added, 1 hour later. I killed the ASPI layer that I had and tried the reinstall. It worked, and I have exactly what flip218 says I am supposed to have. Thanks for the heads up, flip.

Last edited: May 24, 2004