1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD shrink burning problems

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by jjoy, Jan 18, 2005.

1. jjoy

jjoy Member

Hello - I'm new to forum...and well - I've been using DVD shrink to do my backup of DVD's for awhile now - and have had no problem until lately. It's really strange - it opens/reads the disc - it even backs the disc up - and "supposedly" it even burns it on the DVD-R. But when I go back to check if it burned it - I get an error saying there is no disc in the drive? My question is - is it a DVD shrink error or could it be my DVD burning drive? I checked the drive - it said that it is working properly - I am able to burn my music CD's without any problems?? Any body out there got any ideas? THANKS...

2. taran16

taran16 Member

are you using dvd decrypter to burn with??

3. jjoy

jjoy Member

I don't think so...I think I'm burning w/ Nero. I need to add that when I looked at the finished "burned" disc - it doesn't look like it got burned at all...I think it might be the blank discs that I bought.

4. bardie

bardie Regular member

We need to know what burning software you are using, what media and what is the movie you are trying to backup.

5. NeoRio

NeoRio Member

Hello all. As jjoy, I am new to the forum, and I've been experiencing the same problem as her (I believe you're a she. I apologize if you're not) as well. I recently started using DVD Decrypter along with DVD shrink to burn dvds, and some of the dvds that I've burned play perfecting well, but there are others that don't playback at all. When I insert these disk into a dvd player, I get a message that says "no disc," and it is really bugging me. If there is anyone out there who could help me figure out what the problem is, I would greatly appreciate it.

6. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

NeoRio

Not all players recognize all media out there. When I used ProdiscS03 and PRINCO media in my other burner which is an OptoRite, their burns would not play on my wife's Dell Laptop and also one of my DVD-Rom drives, but played perfect on most home DVD players and two other DVD-Rom drives in my other PC’s.