1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dvd shrink cannot read the dvd? This is one way solve it!

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by austurk, Sep 12, 2004.

1. austurk

austurk Member

I am not sure how many people have had this problem but I have recently tried something that worked. This is for newbie’s so professionals can ignore it..J
    I am sorry if it does not work for you, I am just tryin to help…:)

Problem:
    You put a dvd and half way through dvd shrink gave an “cyclic error” or similar which basically means that it cannot read the disc (scratched or bad media etc).

To make the problem bigger the dvd is around 7 GB so you cannot use DVD decrypter (according to the dvd decrypter guide you can not use dvd decrypter if it is more than 4.7 GB)

You need:
    -Dvd Shrink 3.2 (earlier versions won’t help)
    -Dvd Decrypter (yes, even the movie is bigger than 4.7 GB)

Step 1
    Open *DVD Decrypter and decrypt the movie into an available location (eg C:/Dvd Decrypter/movie). (DVD Decrypter reads the disks that shrink cannot read.)

*If you do not know how to use the dvd decrypter than check under guides on this website.

As result you will get 3 different files. They will have extensions like .iso, .mds.

Step 2
    The aim is to find and place the file that you have created with dvd decrpter in dvd shrink and compress it.

Open DVD Shrink 3.2, click on Re-Author
    Do NOT try to find the file on the right side of the screen under “DVD Browser” as it wont show the files.

Find the file through “my computer” and drag the file that has “.mds” extension into the left side of the screen under RE-Authored dvd. You will get an exact same screen as if you have opened the dvd with shrink.

Finally click on back up, do deep analysis if you like. and it is all done!

If you try to use “open folder” on the top of dvd shrink and try to find the file that was decrypted by dvd decrypter, dvd shrink will give an error.

Some computers above information would change, please ask experts how to overcome..:)
    If the disc is really badly damaged, nothing can read it…:)

2. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

austurk

I'm glad it worked but you do know that DVD Decrypter can handle any size if DVD as long as your using the NTFS file system. WinME and 98 use FAT32 which does limit a ripped file to 4. gigs. Files ripped by DVD Shrink and DVD DEcrypter may not be compliant with each other.