1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Shrink cant see NERO HELP

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by dukhnt, Mar 22, 2005.

1. dukhnt

dukhnt Member

Ok I havent had this problem with 2 other computers, but I cant find the solution to this problem, please help. I have installed NERO and DVD Shrink. Then I open the dvd using shrink, and encode it, but when the screen comes up on dvd shrink, I click the "TARGET DEVICE" tab to select "burn with NERO" and ITS NOT THERE, the only option is I/O file or image to hard drive, something like that. Why isnt Shrink giving me the option of using Nero? I havent had this problem with the other two computers, the option under the target tab has always listed NERO as the first option. I have everything set up the same from what i can tell, and have the enable burn with nero box checked under preferences. Thanks in advance for the help.

2. Noqoilpi

Noqoilpi Regular member

Try re-installing both programs.

3. dukhnt

dukhnt Member

Thanks, but I have tried all the easy solutions prior to posting.

4. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

Not sure if you had tried this:
    At Shrink, click 'edit', then 'preferences', then 'file i/o', then 'enable burning with Nero'.
    Good luck!

5. dukhnt

dukhnt Member

Yes Sir, that box is checked.

6. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

That box should say: Burn with nero and also have your burner model # listed.Mine says: Burn with with nero,just below it has a check mark with BENQ dvr 1620.

Does your pc recognize your Burner?
    Check out how it looks going through device manager and see if it is working properly.
    Also do you have it set on your ide for master or slave?

What is your burner brand name and model #?

7. dukhnt

dukhnt Member

Saugmon, I think your on to something. Under the Target tab the burner is not there, unlike on my other cpu's. I'm not sure about your other questions, or really how to check. The computer I am having problems with is a friend and I dont have 24 hr access to it. I do know its a Dell and I believe has a Phillips DVD Drive in it. I know that doesnt help much probably, but its the best i can do atm. Thanks for the help so far. I do know the drive is working, I have played DVD's on it, and used shrink to file them to the hdd, then used Nero Rom Burner to burn, selecting the files maualy, but this process is to involved for the friend i am speaking about.

8. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Another thing you may try: Download dvd decrypter (free) on your friends pc,untick burn with nero in dvd shrink-preferences/file I/O tab.
    Try burning with dvd decrypter.This may help narrow down this issue.Try re-ripping one of your good backups/or a very small dvd-5 movie, using dvd decrypter- mode-ISO READ.After encoding to your harddrive,Mode ISO-Write-locate that file,then click the burn icon.See if dvd decrypter will recognize that burner.This would be a fast/easy way to find out if it will burn.It could be a nero issue.

Good Luck

9. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

Mine doesn't have the burner model #, but working fine.

10. dukhnt

dukhnt Member

Like i said, i have tried everything, ARGH! i dunno. works fine for me of course when i try to help a friend notta!

11. Noqoilpi

Noqoilpi Regular member

Is there more than one login id on the PC. May not be sharing programs.

Post some system specs.