1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dvd shrink can't shrink!

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by LostOne33, Nov 26, 2004.

1. LostOne33

LostOne33 Member

Hi guys
    I got a lil problem with dvd shrink... I got a dvd movie (namely LOTR 3) which is about 8 gig and i want to make it fit on a 4.5 gig dvd-r and that's why i used dvd shrink (duh:p)
    But the problem is that dvd shrink won't shrink my movie enough to fit on a 4.5 gig dvd. In fact, it will only rip down to 92% of the original file size! I have tried to set the compression to something lower than 92% but it won't let me (the slider won't go under that). It's a weird bug coz normally it will shrink the movies just fine but this time it just won't! It's the second different movie that do this and i don't know what's the problem

can anyone help me on this?
    thanks

2. kchev

kchev Regular member

shrink it twice

3. LostOne33

LostOne33 Member

ok i shrinked it another time but still it's a bit too big (6gig now) and when i try to shrink it again it says that the movie cannot be compressed more
    what can i do??

4. Dude2099

Dude2099 Regular member

Buy a Dual Layer Burner or keep your dvds in safe places where they will never be harmed

5. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Have you tried reauthoring for a "movie only" backup? There's only so much DVD Shrink can compress a movie.

6. LostOne33

LostOne33 Member

well there's only a 3:20 hours long movie on the dvd.. can't cut anything :p

7. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Hey lostone33, I had no trouble shrinking LOTR return of the king onto a single standard dvd. Main movie only and using all of shrinks quality enhancements for the serious shrinkage i did.I didn't have to run shrink twice,just once.Dvd shrink and nero did it for me.I think i let shrink auto compress? List your steps you are trying to backup this movie.Later

8. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

uncheck DTS audio.