1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD shrink closes when Backup clicked

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by chubbs032, Feb 16, 2007.

1. chubbs032

chubbs032 Member

So I've burned DVD's before but every so often after doing open disc on Shrink (resevoir dogs) and getting a good compression I click Backup and it automatically closes everytime....

Last edited: Feb 16, 2007
  2. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Try deleting and doing a fresh installation of DVD Shrink. Do it from a fresh download of the Shrink installation program.

3. chubbs032

chubbs032 Member

So I tried that, and after reading some past posts about the subject I have the incomplete version of Nero that doesn't work up to par. Where can I get a complete copy of Nero or another burning software for free?

4. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

Last edited: Feb 16, 2007
  5. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

The problem is not with Nero. You say it closes when you click back up. What movies are you doing and what are you using to crack the encryptions? It's Shrink which is causing problem since it hasn't done encoding nor asked Nero to burn anything. It's either encryptions or program itself is buggy and needs reinstallation.

6. johnl123

johnl123 Regular member

chubbs032

Sometimes this happens when you have shrink setup to auto-burn the video files to disk using nero. Try unchecking the burn with nero option in shrink's preferences section and have the video files saved to your hard drive, if all goes well you can then manually burn the files to disk using nero.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

When you click backup, set shrink to save the video files as a hard disk folder to a location on you hard drive for manually burning to disk later.

[​IMG]

If shrink is still closing, then it could be a copy protection issue that shrink can't do anything about. In this case try ripping with any of these free apps which are updated to handle newer movie releases (the links are provided below).

[bold]DVDFab decrypter
    Ripit4me[/bold]

DVDFab will allow you to rip the whole disk to your hard drive or just the main flick, you can then use shrink to open the files with and complete the process as you have been.

Ripit4me is a complete all in one solution, it uses shrink, DVD decrypter and FixVTS in a 1-click mode to produce a backup.

Cheers.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2007
  7. chubbs032

chubbs032 Member

johnl123,

I actually read your post from a past search and tried that and it worked so far. Nero isn't the problem I just have an incomplete version from when I got my cd burner so it doesn't have all the plugins to do the auto-burn with Nero.

I look into some of the other programs, but for now it is working.

Thanks

Last edited: Feb 17, 2007
  8. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

chubbs
    Replace the exe file in Shrink with the one from the download,
    http://www.digital-digest.com/software/download.php?sid=423&ssid=0&did=7 ,
    Then install ImgBurn if you haven't already, and select burn with Imgburn. go into ImgBurn before using it and set the speed control so you won't burn too fast. It's free and should work well for burning your Shrink output.