1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Shrink - Compression Level: 8

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by kwanbis, Jun 12, 2003.

1. kwanbis

kwanbis Member

hi, i'm trying to backup my JFK Director's Cut DVD, but the only way i can fit in a DVD was to use Level 8 on the main movie ... what i want to ask, is this too much? (would i loose too much quality?) Should i try to backup to 2 dvds? Is there any Guido onn moving it to 2 or more DVD-R?

2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

3. kwanbis

kwanbis Member

i know that ... what i wanted to know, before i burn it on the expensive (in my country) DVD-R, if the quality loss would be that bad ... considering that i don't have a flat/HD TV, and JFK is not a "views" movie ...

4. Motomatt

Motomatt Regular member

You could re-author it and take out some of the other languages and then some of the sub-pictures. Also you can edit out some of the ending credits or some of the beginning before the movie starts. Then at least you can lower your encoding level.

Matt

5. kwanbis

kwanbis Member

problem is that even doing that (removing extras, compressing, etc), i still need to do a compression level 8 to fit the movie ... i would watch it on the PC to see how bad it looks ...