1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Shrink Copy protection error!!!

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by bridq, Sep 13, 2003.

1. bridq

bridq Regular member

I having trouble for the first time using dvd Shrink. I'm using my sony DW-U10A to make a back up of "Biker Boyz". I can open the disk just fine, but I get an error when I try to back the disc up. Right before it starts encoding it stops and says "DVD Shrink encountered an error and cannot continue. The error is: failed to read from file. The Reason is: Copy protection error- The read failed because th sector is encrypted." Anyone know how to get around this or are we no longer able to make back ups? If anyone can help me that would be great.

2. koola

koola Guest

3. bridq

bridq Regular member

Thanks Koola, I'll give it a try.

4. bridq

bridq Regular member

Koola, that worked perfectly!! Thanks a lot for you help!!

5. bridq

bridq Regular member

IT DIDN'T WORK!! Koola, I thought it was working when I was able to decrypt it, but I was wrong. I installed any dvd and then started to use dvd shrink, but it still didn't work. It got to about 59% before I received an error message. It now says "Failed to read from file. The reason is: Data error (cylic redundancy check)" Do you know how to fix this one? I know it's not my dvd writer because I have been making back ups perfectly. Please Help!!!

6. GzaPR

GzaPR Member

The same prob here but with star wars episode II
    and a couple of movies.
    I had to use the 2.3 version to made a backup

7. bridq

bridq Regular member

GzaPR, so you had to use the newer version of dvd shrink to make a back up? It worked? I made a back up of star wars episode II using dvd xcopy. I don't really like using that program because you lose all of the menus and you have to see the stupid disclaimer in the beginning. I'll try upgrading to the newer version and hopefully it will work.

8. koola

koola Guest

Try using DVD Shrink beta 3 and this should work. If it doesn't then there is something wrong with the DVD that can not be fixed!

Hope this one works :D__X_X_X_X_X_[small]DVD BackUp Info: http://www.chrismccann.co.uk
    DVD Guides and Tools: http://www.simpleguides.tk

[​IMG][/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2003
  9. bridq

bridq Regular member

so use beta 3 and not beta 5 that is available?

10. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

I use CloneDvd and AnyDvd.

11. Motomatt

Motomatt Regular member

I backed the same movie up with my Sony Dru500ax. I did not have any trouble at all with mine. I used DVDshrink as well..

Matt

12. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

Something is wrong with you original. I too backed Biker Boyz up with dvdshrink.

13. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Try using CloneDvd and AnyDvd I have a site where you can get it but I can't post it.If you want I could tell you step by step what to do.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2003
  14. Kacey95

Kacey95 Guest

Hey L-Burna those instructions for CloneDVD and AnyDVD would be very helpful to me. Thank you in advance.

15. Prank

Prank Guest

I have had that Copy Protection message on DVDShrink 3Beta, haven't tried 5, but have never had a problem with DVDShrink 2.3.
    If it doesn't work with 3 I used 2.3 and it works.

16. GzaPR

GzaPR Member

I have DVD Shrink v2.3 and v3 beta 5 is there a v3 beta 3 that i don't know of, could someone e-mail GzaPR@hotmail.comthe link to d/l, post it here or give me ur msn id to d/l tru it.
    beta 5 compres any Full dvd to 4.6??g but the image quality is poor. I prefed re-autor to have the best image possible. The only problem i had with beta 5 and v 2.3 is: The "Failed to read from file. The reason is: Data error (cylic redundancy check)" is a dvd scrach that the dvd shrink can't read and stops from encouding.
    are there any way to save these dvd to create a backup._X_X_X_X_X_[small]El Boricua
    Sony DRU 500A
    PS2 with DMS3
    GzaPR@hotmail.com
    www.GTH.d2G.com[/small]

Last edited: Sep 18, 2003
  17. bridq

bridq Regular member

yeah, I don't think it a dvd shrink error. I looked at the bottom of the disc and it is all scratched up; I think I need a new source disc. I think that will solve the cylic redundancy error.

18. bridq

bridq Regular member

yeah, I don't think it a dvd shrink error. I looked at the bottom of the disc and it is all scratched up; I think I need a new source disc. I think that will solve the cylic redundancy error.

19. Motomatt

Motomatt Regular member

Yeah I think it's your disk also.. I have not had any trouble with any of the DVDdhrink releases. I guess I am lucky. Only thing is I dont really like how they changed the re-author mode. I think it's sorta confusing. Anyone else? Also does anyone know if you can re-author and just add certain menus and stuff? Basicly build your own DVD with menus but leave out the stuff you dont want with DVDshrink?

Matt

20. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

I agree, the old reauthor was better. You can do all that, but i don't think the menus work if you reauthor. You can just add the sections you want and they will play in the order you put them in.