1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Shrink - Copy Protection Error

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by Harry100, Dec 29, 2003.

1. Harry100

Harry100 Member

I keep getting Copy Protection Error when using DVD Shrink on a couple of DVD's, The Lion King in particular.

Any Ideas?????

Thanks

2. msb63

msb63 Guest

I had a similar problem today, but found it was caused by me shrinking one DVD and writing one with Nero at the same time. As soon as Nero finished and I shut down the program, and DVD shrink worked fine.

3. WelshBoa

WelshBoa Regular member

Hmm this is wierd. I have always used Shrink, and then Nero to burn etc. I just did a full re-install of Windows and had to re-download Shrink again.

I downloaded version 2.3 instead of the Beta version which I used to use and as soon as it started to read the disk I got the same error message. Thinking this was something they did not have on that version I downloaded the Beta version as before.

This gave me the same error, on discs I have previously backed up just to check if it was this individual disc???

Strange - gonna use DVD Decryptor now first which is a pain in the arse

4. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Hi Harry100, Just tried to copy The Santa Clause 2 with DVDshrink this past week and got that message too for the 1st time since getting into this dvd backup stuff. I had to run ANYDVD behind Shrink to get it to work. DVDShrink sometimes has trouble decrypting from what I read on here, but this was my 1st time having the problem. Once again its a Disney movie. I think Disney Studios has improved on their copy protection.
    Jerry

Last edited: Dec 29, 2003
  5. Harry100

Harry100 Member

Thanks one and all I will try ANYDVD

Happy New Year