1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Shrink Crashes in New System Install

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by GPK5050, May 20, 2007.

1. GPK5050

GPK5050 Member

Hi all...

Because of a failing hard drive, I had reinstall Windows XP Professional on a new 320 GB hard drive. After getting it up and running, I tried to rip a DVD. DVD Shrink would stop about 10% of the way through and I had to CTR-ALT-DEL to get it close down. I tried 3 differnet DVD with the same result, all stopping around 10%! I tried DVD Shrink when it was the first and only program on the computer. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks...

Greg

2. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

Other programs have been reinstalled and run properly? Even CPU intensive programs such as DVD Shrink?

3. GPK5050

GPK5050 Member

Hi...

This install is actually my 4th time around for various reasons. The 3rd time, I had all my programs intalled... Office, Corel Draw, Nero and so forth. I was even able to burn a DVD using previously ripped DVDs from DVD shrink with Nero. So I thought I give it a go with DVD Shrink and the program crashed. I tried everything! So I did a brand new install of Windows XP and tried DVD Shrink as the first program installed and it crashed!

Thanks for your help... it's getting frustrating!

Greg

4. LOCOENG

I feel your pain....

Do you get any error message with DVD Shrink or any other programs or does the PC just lock up? Could this actually be a heat issue? Does the crash happen immediately or after 10% each time?

5. GPK5050

GPK5050 Member

Hi...

Actually the culprit was the new hard drive. Whether it was bad or just that it was too large for the motherboard/bios to handle is unknown. I went back to a smaller hard drive (from 320-160) and everything is fine.

Thanks for you help...

Greg

6. LOCOENG

Glad you got it sorted...happy burning.