1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD shrink Data Error (cyclic redundancy check)

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by weehawk, Nov 8, 2004.

1. bkm669

bkm669 Member

Ironically I just backed up No Country for Old Men & Saw 4 using that technique. The discs aren't scratched are they?. The issue wih them not playing on your standalone home dvd player is a nero issue. You have to create a decrypted IMAGE then burn w/ Nero ROM. I was able to burn both these movies by creating an image w/ dvdshrink then burn via Nero ROM. Thats the only suggestion I have. DVD Cloner is a one time PAY application software and they are consistantly updating their codecs and I have had great luck with it that would be my only other suggestion. You might just have bunk discs.
    Good luck

2. heav85

heav85 Member

I created an ISO with dycryptor and then used shrink to back it up to a disk and thats what wont play. I don't understand why it stopped burning suddenly. So theres no freeware like nero I can get.

3. bkm669

bkm669 Member

When you say decryptor do you mean DVDFab Decrypter? Because you can use that software to burn it to disc. There would be no reason to use dvdshrink

4. heav85

heav85 Member

no not fab.

5. bkm669

bkm669 Member

Do you have either nero burning rom or dvdfab decrypter?

6. heav85

heav85 Member

i have nero 7 essentials.

7. bkm669

bkm669 Member

Not familiar w/ 7 Essentianls. Maybe check the Nero forums

8. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

The burning software shouldn't be a problem. DVDFab Decrypter isn't a burner either. It's for decryption and bypassing the newer copy protection. That's all it does. DVDFab Platinum is the program that does the whole task, but it's retail. You can get the free DVDFab HD Decrypter from DVDIdle. Use DVDFab HD Decrypter to rip the DVD to the hard drive, open the files in DVD Shrink, and then transcode and burn. A lot of people have converted their setup to use ImgBurn as a supported DVD Shrink burner.

DVD Decrypter is obsolete and no longer supported. Even working with RipIt4Me, it won't do all the new releases. Copy protection has been improved to where it can defeat the older programs. DVDFab HD Decrypter is supported and updated regularly. I'd suggest going with it, especially for the newer releases that DVDD and RI4M can't process.

9. heav85

heav85 Member

Can I ask what do you mean by transcode.

10. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

That's the process of shrinking the files to fit the targetDVD. DVD Shrink shrinks the files to fit DVD5, or rather transcodes to fit DVD5. Encoders use a slightly different process to achieve the same end. There's a difference. You can read around. Rebuilder uses an encoder setup.

11. heav85

heav85 Member

Ummm, I did all of this with the dvdfab, and then backed it up with shrink and both of my dvd players say there is a disc error. They can't read the disc. Whats going on?!

12. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Does it play on your PC and what program did you use to burn?

13. heav85

heav85 Member

well i just put it in the computer and it said it was blank... When you click back up on shrink it burns on the disc right? At least it used to. What do I do now?

14. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

What is the burning option you have selected in Shrink and what software are you trying to use? If you've changed the burner option, you may need to reset it to what you're wanting to use. There's some quick interactive guides for DVD Shrink at http://www.dvdshrink.info . You might want to run through one of those. Just remember the last version of Shrink has Quality options not available to earlier versions.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2008
  15. heav85

heav85 Member

it says nero. and I have the free trial of that.

16. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Would the free trial be Nero 8? It's not supported by Shrink to burn automatically. With Nero 8 you need to write the files to the hard drive and use Nero Express or the Burning ROM to burn the files.

17. tper88

tper88 Member

Hey Guys,

I just want an honest opinion here. I've had a hell of a time backing up New dvds recently using our old buddies DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter.... I'm willing to make a monetary investment in a reliable program that has the capabilities of doing what both of the aforementioned programs do while keeping up to date with new encryptions. I usually burn a copy of DVDs I "own", delete all the extra stuff so I can fit on a 4.7 GB Dvd and then rip to my HD so I can play it off my Xbox360..... Please Help here... Thanks

18. bkm669

bkm669 Member

DVD Clober & DvdFab HD will Do fine. Cloner is always updating to keep up with new encrypions plus they have live support

19. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

With a good cleaned source your software will work as it has in the past. So... if you were using Shrink, it will still work properly for transcoding. DVD Decrypter is like the original software decryption programing in Shrink, both are obsolete. So, you can't depend on those for decryption and bypassing copy protection. That said; as i mentioned, Shrink is still an excellent program for transcoding.

DVDFab HD Decrypter is the free decryption program from DVDIdle. It's the decryption software from the retail version, DVDFab Platinum. It's updated the same time the Platinum version is, which means as often as needed to keep up with new copy protections. There's no need to buy special software unless you like the bells and whistles. For a beginner wanting an easy program at a reasonable price, DVDFab Platinum would be hard to beat. One program does the entire backup task. With Slysoft you need both AnyDVD and CloneDVD2 (at their new gouging prices).

Last edited: Apr 14, 2008
  20. sam1102

sam1102 Guest