1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD shrink Data Error (cyclic redundancy check)

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by weehawk, Nov 8, 2004.

1. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

If the scratches aren't the problem, you may have a flawed press. That happens from time to time. Try another copy, preferably from another batch or another vendor. If the manufacturer made one bad press, they probably made more. A DVD with a problem press will sometimes play, but causes problems for recording software. Players are much more forgiving than PC recording programs.

2. popamatic

popamatic Member

Hey Hey... another "Newbie"

Hopefully this may help others with my problem...
    I had a problem copying DVDs full of photos (jpeg files) I backed up on my overseas trip. After using both DVD Decrypter and CDCheck I discovered that I had a hell of a lot of CRC errors. I tried to back up the DVD to an ISO file using DVD Decrypter, but it could not read the DVD past the 40% mark. This me to use CDCheck in the recovery mode. This enabled me to at least save some of my pictures that would otherwise have been lost.

3. TRAVELMGR

TRAVELMGR Member

To PACMAN777and the forum: Please forgive the following if slightly off of thread. The unleaded version of DVDFAB is great and quick and of course the price is right. Used it on "SHOOTER", when RI4M would not work. Before and after "SHOOTER', EVERYTHING, inluding 2:10 to Yuma, rips and burns with RI4M. As I was concerned that DVDFAB might quit, believing it was a trial, I was double checking to see how the old standby was doing. It is, for whatever reason, kicking butt and checking names. As a matter of fact everything currenttly ripped is showing "This DVD does not seem to be protected". I Open with DVD Shrink(skipping DeCrypter, of course), burn with ImgBurn and it is done. Yeah, it is slower, but reliable, but so was the C-47 cargo plane. I can't believe life, for the moment, is that easy. No matter,I'm keeping these both of these bad boys(RI4M & DVDFABHD4)in my tool box. I'm still running MS XP Home Ed. I hope the info will helpful in one way or another to those who have, like myself, been following this thread, much less this forum for a while.

4. TRAVELMGR

TRAVELMGR Member

Has this thread been updated lately? I have not received any email notifications lately? I started checking, although not completely, the "List of updated threads" first, then getting sidetracked reading other threads and following up on tips in some of the guides, before asking about this thread.

5. djs18

djs18 Guest

removed by loco

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2008
  6. TRAVELMGR

TRAVELMGR Member

PACMAN 777: I got a “read” error while attempting to [​IMG]

7. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

I've found ISO files to be an issue when encryption and copy protection are involved. Once the files are cleaned properly, it shouldn't be an issue whether the Video_TS files are being burned or an ISO containing the cleaned files. As for ImgBurn, it creates an ISO from the Video_TS files and then burns. Possibly it reads its own creations better than those from other software or simply corrected something in the build process. Whatever works... Since I normally do batch jobs with Rebuilder I usually use Nero Express to burn the ISO files. For those only needing a good burning app, they can't go wrong with ImgBurn. I use more options than just the burning ROM from Nero 8. So, since I have Express I use it. Creature of habit and all that...

8. TRAVELMGR

TRAVELMGR Member

I read up on "batching" and [DVD] "Rebuilder"(and its website), along with several threads and checked out several links including on the subjects of HDTV2DVD and SVCD2DVD and user comments. This could be a help in some over the air/cable rental movies, but as a recent owner and user of a compact digital camera(records -DVD R/RW), except for the HDTV2DVD, would these be good tools for me to become familiar with in transferring my vacation movies onto DVD or CD. Is there, for my potential uses,an advantage in using the RB "Pro" over the "free" version. .Net1 Framework has to be installed to use SVCD2DVD. If this was a tool that I could use, my system has .Net 2.0, service pack 1.It previously had .Net 1.0 installed Jan 2008. Maybe I should have started a new thread, but I thought I would give it a shot here first.Thank you as alway, Student in Training

9. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

You're right, you should have started a new thread. You've even changed the topic. This thread has sort of run it's course though. How many ways can you say cyclic redundancy? LOL

Your questions may be better answered in the Rebuilder section. But here's a bit that I know. When working with the DVD format Rebuilder is an excellent encoder system. If you need to compress your DVD recording files to get them down to the right target size, then Rebuilder would be a good choice. If you notice, RB compresses up to about 50% without much trouble. That's the most I've tried since that's about the most I've encountered when backing up one of my favorite blockbuster length movies. Whether DVD you record or one the factory pressed, RB will function the same as long as the DVD files are compliant. For editing you might want to try a specilized program like DVDReMake. As for RB pro over the free, it's a matter of having all those nice additional options. Then there's something to be said about making a donation to an author who has put a lot of work into a good program.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2008
  10. Walter47

Walter47 Guest

Hey

So iv been having some trouble with dvd shrink and dvd decrypter.
    But i think it might be my dvd burner but I'm not to sure, that's why I'm asking you for your expert help!

OK, so iv been burning movies now for awhile using dvd shrink to shrink down and create a ISO to be burned using dvd decrypter.
    But i have recently come across a problem.
    I went to burn a movie that worked 100% fine on my dvd player, but when i boot it up on dvd decrypter, while its analysing it freezes at 15% and after about 30 seconds i get a message saying

DVD shrink uncounted an error and cannot continue.
    Failed to read file "E:\"
    Data error (cyclic redundancy check).

So do you think this is a disc issue or something to do with my dvd burner?
    The 1st time it failed on the disc i got a different 1 and it still did the same thing, freezing at 15% while analysing.

email at bennyboy_48@hotmail.com
    if u like, i would :D

11. rtm27

rtm27 Regular member

First, e-maill addresses are against forum rules.

Second, It's an encryption error. You need to use either dvdfab HD Decrypter (freeware) or any dvd (trial, then payware) to break the encryption.

12. Walter47

Walter47 Guest

oh ok soz man.
    so what do u recomend i download?
    cheers

13. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

rtm27 is probably right. Most errors nowadays are from copy protection Shrink can't handle. The free decrypter from DVDFab is the best bet. They've been keeping it updated along with the retail version of the software. It has the same interface as the retail, but not all functions work, just ripping for decryption. You have to decrypt with DVDFab and then open the files in Shrink. If you're going to buy retail, you may as well buy DVDFab's retail version. It's pretty much one click and has everything including the burner software. You'd no longer need Shrink. AnyDVD works in the background and also has a ripper. So it can be used either way. Slysoft's AnyDVD is pretty expensive. Shop wisely. LOL

Last edited: Aug 23, 2008
  14. Walter47

Walter47 Guest

yeah i have downloaded it 3 times now and when i go to run it, it says

the application failed to initialize properrly (0xc0000022). Click on OK to terminate the application.

and me shild alert comes on Thret detected

filename: c/programes files/DVDfab5/crashrpt.dll
    Threat name: Trojan horse Generirc11.MEN

what do i do>?

15. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

DVDFab isn't a trojan, if you downloaded a clean version from DVDFab and not from elsewhere on the net. So, I'd suggest fixing your software or trying AnyDVD. I'd do the first. Sounds like your AV is giving false positives.

16. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

Or the acquired version of DvdFab has questionable origin. :)

17. Walter47

Walter47 Guest

oh ok,
    thanks for your help guys
    i got it, i used anydvd got ts folder, shrunk it witrh shrink like asways and burned using dvd crypter.
    Thanks All

18. rtm27

rtm27 Regular member

Glad you were able to rip and burn the movie. Thanks for keeping us informed.

19. Walter47

Walter47 Guest

all good mate

20. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

LOL Wasn't that what I said?

Glad the problem got sorted out. However, I still think DVDFab is the better program for the cost and slysoft gives nothing for free except the trial. Until further notice, the free DVDFab Decrypter has no time limits.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2008