1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Shrink Disk errors while playing, freezeing

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by campag, Feb 16, 2005.

1. campag

campag Member

I am using DVD Shrink 3.2.0.1 with my Gateway Pentium IV. I have an external TDK 12X single layer burner. I have two HD-DVD players that I play back a majority of the movies. I find that my Samsung gives me more errors than the Toshiba does. However, they both, on certain disk create jumps that happen more frequently towards the end of a movie until the movie just freezes in the DVD player, and the DVD player starts the movie again. I personally think that I might be doing a couple of things wrong. I think that I might be burning the movie too fast, and therefore, I am starting to burn them at 4x rather than 8 times. I also wonder if it is the source dvd that is causing me problems. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. bardie

bardie Regular member

4x burn speed is good.
    Lower the target size in DVD Shrink to 4300, this stops burning to the edge of the disc which can cause problems.
    Use Good quality media such as TY, Maxell, Verbatim, Sony, TDk etc.
    Do not use your computer for any other tasks whilst in this process, and make sure all background programs are disabled.
    Lets know how you go.