1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dvd Shrink DLL error, help

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by Accept, May 31, 2007.

1. Accept

Accept Member

When I click the Backup button an error message pops up saying "Dvd shrink 3 has caused an error in MMC.DLL. Dvd shrink 3 will now close." I've tried restarting the computer and uninstalling and reinstalling but nothing works, any idea how I can fix this? Thanks.

2. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

This file that's causing a problem is a part of Nero. In Shrink's preferences, uncheck Burn With Nero and try burning with ImgBurn.
    You can also uninstall Nero. Use the clean tool from Nero to remove everything and then reinstall Nero.

3. Accept

Accept Member

I unchecked Burn With Nero and was able to copy Hannibal Rising into my empty folder but ImgBurn isn't as easy as I thought it would be. Can you give me some simple step by step instructions on how to use ImgBurn please?

4. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

Create an ISO file with Shrink. Then open ImgBurn. Go to MODE and select WRITE. Then select your ISO and burn.

5. Accept

Accept Member

Exactly how do I create an ISO file with Shrink? Sorry for all of the questions but before the MMC.DLL trouble Shrink and Nero did all the work.

6. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

Click on Backup.
    Then in the select backup target drop down box choose ISO image file.

7. johnl123

johnl123 Regular member

Accept,
    Here's an easier way that automates the process for you just like when you used nero.

There is now a version of DVD Shrink 3.2 that will give you the option to burn automatically with the freeware program ImgBurn instead of DVD Decrypter.

Get it here
    http://www.dvdplusvideo.com/DVD_Shrink_3_2_b_w_IB.zip

Uninstall the version of shrink you currently have, then unzip and install the new version of shrink from the link above. When you're ready to backup the video files using this version of shrink, you should have an option to create an ISO image file and burn with Imgburn. Shrink will do it's thing, then it will automatically run imgburn and burn the ISO image to disk for you.

Cheers:)