1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Shrink does not read my encrypted discs!

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by eeyore95, Jan 25, 2004.

1. eeyore95

eeyore95 Member

Hi I am trying to back-up my DVD collection and I have started with a DVD-9 so after reading loads of stuff on Afterdawn I decided to try DVD Shrink but it says it cannot read my encrypted disc. Why is this? What am I doing wrong?

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Try playing the movie for a bit with a media player like PowerDVD or what have you. Shrink does that sometimes.
    I do this: Open Shrink, insert disc, windows asks what media player to use, I select PowerDVD and the movie begins to play, I minimize the Movie and then select "Open Disc". I then close PowerDVD.

3. eeyore95

eeyore95 Member

Ok Thanks I will give this a go, it will have to wait a few days looks like I've been trying to use DVDs that are not compatible with my drive, have just ordered new ones! OOPs!

4. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

eeyore95,

If the help that my friend Frank provided doesn't work, there are a rare few DVD's that Shrink doesn't rip then download DVD Decrypter and choose file under "Mode" then Decrypt. When you are done there, open Shrink and choose "open Files" and continue on :)

You don't have to wait for your media, when you click "Backup" in shrink then choose HD as your location and off you go.

When done, you can play it with PowerDVD knowing it will be ready when your media arrives -

"P"