1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Shrink does not recognize the DVD burner

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by egarcia11, May 8, 2007.

1. egarcia11

egarcia11 Member

Hi;
    I need some help. We just started playing with DVD shrink not too long ago, and it works fine on our home pc. however, since we installed it into a new Sony Vaio laptop, it does not recognize the dvd burner that came with it, instead, it only gives me an option of burning the movie as an image into the hard drive. The laptop is running the brand new vista software. I'm not sure how to approach this, since the laptop will be our primary workstation... any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Erick

2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Hi egarcia11
    Shrink does have a burn engine of it's own. If you burner shows in the drop down then more than likely you have Nero installed which it uses to burn.
    Do you see next to 'select back target' this 'To enable burning please install Nero'? If you then Nero needs to be installed and the burner will be listed in the drop down

Here are some free ways:
    Shrink will autoburn w/ decrypter - link

See pick below:
    [​IMG]

Or you can pick shrink to create an iso and then burn w/ ImgBurn. Both by the same guy - ImgBurn is the updated burning piece of decrypter.

On Vista - don't have it but version 7.7.5.1 is Vista compatible for burning rom and express.

3. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

egarcia11
    What burner program do you have loaded on the laptop?

4. egarcia11

egarcia11 Member

Thank you for the heads up binkie7, I will give it a try later on today. I think that our best bet is probably gonna be using Image burn.
    We installed Nero Express on the system, but I think its an older version, maybe version 6..

5. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

I don't believe version 6 is compatible with Vista. Binkie help me out on this one.

Last edited: May 9, 2007
  6. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

If you are going to use image burn then here is a version of DVD Shrink that will let you auto burn with ImageBurn
    DVD Shrink (w/ImgBurn)

7. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Yeah I don't think Nero 6 is compatible with Vista only versions 7.7.5.1 and above are.
    I'm not going anywhere near Vista for now :)

Txs pacman for the heads up on the typo :)

Sorry egarcia11 left out a key word here - Shrink does NOT have a burn engine.
    I think your best bet too is ImgBurn - great burner and can't beat the price :)

8. david66

david66 Regular member

I have Vista and nero 6 will not work you must use nero 7

9. egarcia11

egarcia11 Member

Thanks to all of you. I will try and get a copy of a later version of Nero and try it again.
    thx.

10. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

@egarcia11

I would personally go for the link given to DVD Shrink + Imgburn and use that combo vs upgrading Nero. You can still use Nero for other things, but Imgburn is a pretty good partner for DVD Shrink.