1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dvd Shrink does not shrink!

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by rainier, Dec 19, 2003.

1. rainier

rainier Guest

Could someone help me with my problem?
    I've been trying to make Dvd Shrink 3 beta
    work but I have the following problems:
    1) It won't rip from the dvd directly. I have to use dvd decrypter first.
    2) When analyzing the dvd (both from the dvd and from ripped files) it won't compress the video enough to fit on a dvd-r. It seems to be stuck on 98% compression or so. Everybody seems to be able to shink to fit, but not for me.

My system: amd xp1800, asus as333 mb, 512 ddr ram, 16x artec dvd-rom, generic dvd burner, windows xp sp1.

2. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

does it happen on more than one DVD ?

3. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Yeah, if its just the one DVD, then check the bottom of it for scratches or dirt. Also, check the user guide in my signature on using DVD Shrink to make sure you are doing it correctly.

4. rainier

rainier Guest

Its happened on several dvds, including shrek,
    pirates of carribean, alien, aliens, innerspace,...I read shrink userguides and I tried the same steps but it won't let me adjust the compression to fit on a dvd-r. Under options, its set to dvd5 (4464). Curently the only thing I can do is to use dvd decryptor to rip entire dvd, use shrink to reauthor, delete extras, and use still pics for end credits, and backup to some too large to fit files, then use dvd2one to compress, then nero to burn.

5. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

i have heard this before!

2 things to try!

1, Uninstall or (or maybe delete the file dvd shrink!) then download again or move to different location on HD!

2, play the movie first in power dvd for 5 mins to unlock the drive!

Thx..