1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd shrink doesent have iso. option?

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by noclue211, Apr 8, 2005.

1. noclue211

noclue211 Member

ok i have dvd shrink 2.3 and the newest one. I prefer useing the older version because it doesent automatically compress my movie and i get to pick and choose what i want and what i dont want. I have recently been trying to back up my copy of spanglish so far all i have been able to do is use dvd decryptor to rip the files to hard drive i am able to open the movie in dvd shrink but it wont let me compress the only option it has is "no compression" thats one problem the other problem is when i go to back it up in the drop down box another person told me to use it has no option for iso. please please give me a newbie explanation for this and if at all possibe someone give me a step by step guide people have gave me links to guides but none of them help. oh and one more thing in dvd decryptor should i back it up as ifo. of file because dvd shrink opens both.

2. crozzman

crozzman Regular member

noclue211, you're starting to live up to your name. No hard feelings, but Car.Mike gave you a very good explanation in your thread about Spanglish. Bilbo gave you an excellent link as well. You are asking all these questions, and people are giving you great advice. If you are trying the links and the options, come back and explain to us "exactly" what didn't work. People are trying to help, but you've got to provide some feedback. We aren't sitting beside you at the computer and can't see what you're seeing.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2005
  3. Slotstick

Slotstick Member

I agree with crozzman. We need to know in "DETAIL" what is going on. I think I might be able to help because I ran into the same issue with the movie Spanglish.
    ~nick

4. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

noclue211,
    Even the newest vewrsion of Shrink you can use NO Compression.
    The guide I gave you was for the newer version of Shrink using DVDD to burn. Go to the website below. 1/3 way down the page there are 3 guides for 2.3 Shrink. The last one is by the author of Shrink.
    In version 2.3 there is no .iso option if I remember correctly. That came into being when Lightning UK enabled DVDD to burn an .iso image file. Then Shrink added that feature. If you want to use .iso then you have to go to a newer version. Also at www.mrbass.org there is a depository of all of the Old Shrink programs. They are all there so find which version you want to use and the use that one.

www.mrbass.org/dvdshrink/dvdshrinkold/

5. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

noclue211,
    Why do you have to use .iso? Is it because you do not have Nero? You can D/L the Free trial Full Version of Nero at their website. It is good through the end of the month. Just do not D/L INCD. Then you can use the Nero Cleantools and clean all copies of Nero off of your computer at the end of the month and then re-boot and re-load Nero again for another trial run. Nero has a lot of goodies in their program and I suggest you try it as the price is right

6. noclue211

noclue211 Member

im sorry i just thought i had the burning thing down with dvd shrink and dvd decryptor and then this stupid movie came along and is makeing me change my system of doing things sorry for any inconvienence im trying to figure it out and i am looking at the links and i thank everyone thats helped me...i just liked burning the iso. to disc with dvd decryptor but like i said ive got to do it a different way now.