1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd shrink doesnt shrink files enough...just to big to burn

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by dbldown11, Sep 2, 2004.

1. dbldown11

dbldown11 Member

I was trying to backup a movie the other night, and i have had this happen a few different times in the past. But after i shrank/created all the files and place in a folder, they are too big together to burn. i use nero to burn the dvd video but im over just a bit. Is there a reason why this only happens on some movies? whats a good way around it?

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Are you using the Deep Analysis feature? Not only will it improve picture quality but it also helps Shrink to hit the target file size more accurately when compressing movies :)

3. michigan

michigan Guest

What movie is it? If it is a very large movie Shrink may noy be able to compress it enough. In that case just split it between two discs, you'll get better quality, it may not even hae to compress it at all

4. dbldown11

dbldown11 Member

it was along came polly... its weird it only happens on certain movies. So i just changed the preferrences to custom and for the dvd size. Stupid i had to do that but whatever... it worked.

5. michigan

michigan Guest

You can change the target size permanently (until you change it again) go to file at the top > properties > then find the "Target size" change to custom and enter the size you want (I suggest 4300).

BTW i didn't have that problem with along came polly